Miller 35 E Tail light assembly

greg brillus

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Anyone looking for a genuine Miller taillight for the pre war Comets, there is one for sale on the UK ebay site, and I think in another listing at this time is an early Miller 6 volt generator like the ones used on the Miller Dynomags as well.........Just letting anyone interested know.........

A_HRD

VOC Member
Oh, careful Greg and would-be Miller Dyno purchasers..... I looked and couldn't see one on UK ebay to fit a std Series A Miller Dyno-Mag. Perhaps someone has already bought it, either that or my eyesight is getting worse.

The correct dynamo has a drive-end that is completely flat with no bearing-housing projections whatsoever - just the tapered armature end. Those with projections won't fit - and then neither will the dyno-mag chaincase. See photo below for what you need (the dyno is loosely attached to mag but not aligned - which is irrelevant anyway). Also see photos on Page 149 of "Back to A".

Peter B

Danny Osborne 2008 find (3).jpg

Last edited:

Robert Watson

VOC Member
Rudges also use a flat face like that but have a pin in the outer body to locate them for axial position. There is a groove in the case where the pin can rotate for the chain adjustment.

Gene Nehring

VOC Member
Anyone looking for a genuine Miller taillight for the pre war Comets, there is one for sale on the UK ebay site, and I think in another listing at this time is an early Miller 6 volt generator like the ones used on the Miller Dynomags as well.........Just letting anyone interested know.........

Would the lighting not be lucas as per the headlight on the A twins?