Misc: Everything Else Mikuni Fuel Pipe Routing

Dave61

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I`ve fitted the Grosset Starter & now I`m redoing the wiring & trying to tidy up all the niggly little things, one of which is the way I`ve got the fuel pipes to the front carb.
I can`t see any way of not having an uphill run to it, I have had fuel coming out of the fuel pipe ok but I`m not 100% sure that it will pull the fuel through ok while running.
Fuel Taps are OMG ones from Carrot Cycles with bottom outlets, I`ve ordered another pair that have 90 degree outlets which might help.
Would appreciate any suggestions & comments.
Cheers
Dave
IMG_20200804_150817.jpg
IMG_20200804_164147.jpg
IMG_20200804_164153.jpg

vibrac

VOC Member
You just have to keep a head of fuel in the tank works for me I suppose if I was out every day I would make and extended pipe into the tank on one side for a reserve warning on a comet I don't need both taps open

brian gains

VOC Member
had the same concerns and had been running with both taps open, however have started running on one tap with no issues. If this is as vibrac points out , OK with a good head of fuel or, that no starvation issues have come about because I've not had the motor running at even close to full chat i couldn't confirm so far.

Chris Launders

VOC Member
I have just been looking at your carbs (I have then on my Norvin and have the same problem) and suddenly realised there must be a cross drilling to get the fuel to the float valve, and yes there looks to be blanked off drilling just above the flange.
As my bike is not here at the moment could someone else have a look at the possibility of removing that blank and getting fuel in that way.

Comet Rider

VOC Member
I know on the Godet machines Patrick used to form a metal pipe (not sure if Alloy or Stainless) for the feed over the top of the carb as this drastically reduces the extra fuel pipe run.
Also (I know its not original) I run modern Nalgene? fuel pipe from a Laverda as its much more flexible

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
I have just been looking at your carbs (I have then on my Norvin and have the same problem) and suddenly realised there must be a cross drilling to get the fuel to the float valve, and yes there looks to be blanked off drilling just above the flange.
As my bike is not here at the moment could someone else have a look at the possibility of removing that blank and getting fuel in that way.

Chris,
I did wonder if it were possible as Steve at Motocarb did modify one of the idle adjusters to make them handed so it might be worth me giving him a ring, would make it neater if nothing else.
Cheers
Dave

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
I know on the Godet machines Patrick used to form a metal pipe (not sure if Alloy or Stainless) for the feed over the top of the carb as this drastically reduces the extra fuel pipe run.
Also (I know its not original) I run modern Nalgene? fuel pipe from a Laverda as its much more flexible

I'd wondered whether I could get some 90 degree fuel pipe bends to link metal pipe & do it that way.
I've tried using a hand pipe bender on some metal pipe to replace the U fuel line inside the tank of my BMW & the bends looked awful.
Cheers
Dave

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Dave , If you look under "Auctions ", Graham has just put some photos of an Egli 1330,
If you blow up one of the photos, Looks good to me.
Maybe ? if you got some right angle fittings that are from the tank and ground the nut off.
Surry Cycles do them.
If the cone is too big , Where the nut was ,Grind a bit off the outer edge ?.
So short bit of pipe , Then the angle ???.
Just a thought. Cheers Bill.