Mikuni Carb Settings

Vincent Brake

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Dear All,

does someone know the (starting up; commissioning) settings for a Mikuni VM 30mm carb on a twin

Thanx in advance

Vincent Brake Speet

petermb998

Non-VOC Member
Hi Vincent.

If you go to the following site you will be able to down load the Manual.
20 Pages, so make sure you have plenty paper in your printer.

www.carlsalter.com

regards Peter Bromberg

Last edited:

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
Mikuni settings

Vincent: I recall that Robert Watson in Canada runs Mikunis (can't remember exactly what model) on one of his bikes, and has posted settings in response to an earlier query. If Robert doesn't pick this up then I have his email address.

Tom

Dear All,

does someone know the (starting up; commissioning) settings for a Mikuni VM 30mm carb on a twin

Thanx in advance

Vincent Brake Speet

Robert Watson

VOC Member
I run flat slides 34mm- a bit of a different animal. John McDougal puts a lot of VM 34s on Vincents and somewhere I have the jetting he runs for them but not sure if this would apply to a VM 30.

Found it - but remember this for 34 mm carbs

3 1/2 cutaway
159Q5 needle jet
6FJ6 Needle
210 mainjet
30 pilot jet
#2 air jet
Needle in middle position
float arms 22-24mm from casting ridge.

Hope that helps a bit??

Robert

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
Thanx Guys

Very Much for the info given, I found some VM32 (good middle as for 34mm) in my spares and will set them up, so my Egli Machine will run.
Early spring I will fit it in my Rap, frame and I ll go with it (and the necc. spare jets) to a Dyno to fine tune it. (this is how numbers get mixed, but have peace, I will put it back)
It all comes to an superb get-togehter with this engine, being bussy with it for 2-3 jears (and learing all about a complete rebuild, to last forever)

Safe Driving

Vincent