ET: Engine (Twin) Mikuni 34mm jets with Goldstar silencer?

Alec McDougall

New Forum User
VOC Member
I am looking for someone who has experience with re-jetting 34mm Mikuni's to suit a Goldstar silencer to advise me on jet sizes.
The bike is a B Rapide with Mk II cams and 9.1:1 pistons.
Currently has a stock silencer but would like to try out the Goldstar one that I have...

Gene Nehring

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I am looking for someone who has experience with re-jetting 34mm Mikuni's to suit a Goldstar silencer to advise me on jet sizes.
The bike is a B Rapide with Mk II cams and 9.1:1 pistons.
Currently has a stock silencer but would like to try out the Goldstar one that I have...

Alec,

PM or DM @MSVHY3 as he has run vm 34mm carbs on his B Rapide. Your Dad set up his bike.

I miss John he was a good friend.

Gene.

vibrac

VOC Member
So reliable are the jettings by Allen's that I don't even have notes I will have a look
The Goldie silencer was to noisy for me and I recently fitted a mute that seems to improve performance but weather stoped prolonged use I did not alter any settings.
I related the mute details on this forum

Last edited:

brian gains

VOC Member
may not be entirely relevant but may at least give a bench mark.

Bored out Shadow + Goldie silencer with VM 34 Mikuni 200 main, 30 pilot, #3 groove on 6DH3 needle, 159 P2 needle jet, 2.5 slides,

The rear #1 pot constantly indicated running rich and would occasionally foul, 6DH3 needle was set at #1 groove so no chance to lean out there so changed to 159 P0 needle jet (unlike Amals the jet not the needle is 1st item change ) with needle on #3 groove.

No. 1 plug is now indicating slightly better colour ( although I understand that means nothing with pump soup nowadays ) however acceleration is noticeably crisper.
Not done enough miles to say anything more conclusive except I haven't holed a piston !!. Am midway through making temporary tacho' mount to get a better idea of what is going on in the heart of the beast.

Second Allen's, v' helpful.

Chris Launders

VOC Member
Alec, I would be interested in your current settings as I will be changing from a Goldie to a straight through standard silencer during the winter and I am running 34mm Mikuni's and Mk II cams but lower compression.