• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

ET: Engine (Twin) Mikuni 34mm jets with Goldstar silencer?

Alec McDougall

New Website User
VOC Member
I am looking for someone who has experience with re-jetting 34mm Mikuni's to suit a Goldstar silencer to advise me on jet sizes.
The bike is a B Rapide with Mk II cams and 9.1:1 pistons.
Currently has a stock silencer but would like to try out the Goldstar one that I have...

genedn

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
I am looking for someone who has experience with re-jetting 34mm Mikuni's to suit a Goldstar silencer to advise me on jet sizes.
The bike is a B Rapide with Mk II cams and 9.1:1 pistons.
Currently has a stock silencer but would like to try out the Goldstar one that I have...

Alec,

PM or DM @MSVHY3 as he has run vm 34mm carbs on his B Rapide. Your Dad set up his bike.

I miss John he was a good friend.

Gene.

vibrac

VOC Member
So reliable are the jettings by Allen's that I don't even have notes I will have a look
The Goldie silencer was to noisy for me and I recently fitted a mute that seems to improve performance but weather stoped prolonged use I did not alter any settings.
I related the mute details on this forum

Last edited:

brian gains

VOC Member
may not be entirely relevant but may at least give a bench mark.

Bored out Shadow + Goldie silencer with VM 34 Mikuni 200 main, 30 pilot, #3 groove on 6DH3 needle, 159 P2 needle jet, 2.5 slides,

The rear #1 pot constantly indicated running rich and would occasionally foul, 6DH3 needle was set at #1 groove so no chance to lean out there so changed to 159 P0 needle jet (unlike Amals the jet not the needle is 1st item change ) with needle on #3 groove.

No. 1 plug is now indicating slightly better colour ( although I understand that means nothing with pump soup nowadays ) however acceleration is noticeably crisper.
Not done enough miles to say anything more conclusive except I haven't holed a piston !!. Am midway through making temporary tacho' mount to get a better idea of what is going on in the heart of the beast.

Second Allen's, v' helpful.

Chris Launders

VOC Member
Alec, I would be interested in your current settings as I will be changing from a Goldie to a straight through standard silencer during the winter and I am running 34mm Mikuni's and Mk II cams but lower compression.

Latest Forum Threads

Can't Find What You Need?

Buyer Beware: Fake or Real?