Mighty Mouse

Comet Rider

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Brian Chapman

This was posted on another site, with no date noted:

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq231/lennyway/post 2/post 3/post 3/post 4/draguk.jpg

What looks like the exhaust pipe looks funny and I don't see the vestigial lower frame tube that the rules required. Any experts? Does Brian C. read this forum?

Hi Bruce

Yep it does definately look like Brian's bike, but it doesn't have the rear fender that it sported in later years. It was not necessary under ACU or NSA rules to have a lower frame tube/rails. It looks like it could be Ian Messanger in the other lane.

Cheers
Neil

bmetcalf

VOC Member
When Brian was over here in '78, he told me that the tube (maybe 1/2" dia) was to satisfy some rule.

Comet Rider

VOC Member
Might have been just for the US rules. In more recent years the rules have become much more common, but back in the old days each governing authority had its own rule book.

Much as what is happening between NHRA and AMA in the US now, with the NHRA re-writing the rule book to suit a new design of Harley engine, which has upset all the other manufacturers so much that they are puilling out of Pro Stock Bike.

Neil

Last edited: