Mecum Las Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
As always, fun to pick out odd features of restorations. Two of the late Series C Shadows with engine numbers above 10000 have tommy bars for the mudguard flap and hinge. I believe they should have the knurled knob and long nut instead.
Thats the least of their problems. Suspect numbers & replica crankcases are circulating.

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Bill,
I'm becoming of the opinion that those days are long past regardless of what make you choose. Those vehicles that are old enough to be free of mandated extraneous rubbish are to highly prized now to be messed about with. Those that are relatively inexpensive have so much mandated stuff on them that you are not allowed to change or alter, messing about with them is nigh on impossible.
One of the great advantages of a non matching numbers bike, is that you can ride it mod it(so long as it stays within the DVLA 'not substantially modified' area -what ever that means) Ride with its improved lights,ignition steering suspension etc etc,( keeping the old stuff on the shelf) and free of the'extraneous rubbish' as you call it of a modern bike.
I must admit every time I drive in my fairly modern car with the idiot bleeps with an engine I can hardly see for the plastic covers and inaccessible items I think perhaps I should apply the same logic and look for a low mileage 1980-90 tin box

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
No road tax, MGC ?, No, I will stick with my Honda CRV, I think I can get a Twin in the back, If pushed.

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Lot F52 Series B Touring Rapide sold for $82,500
Lot F63 Firefly sold for $9,900
Lot F85 Comet no sale high bid $21,000
Lot F122 Comet sold $30,800
Lot F134 B twin racer no sale high bid $40,000

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
It seems that Vincents have gone down quite a lot in price over the last couple of years.
It also seems that Vincents have gone up quite a lot in price over the last couple of years.
Never mind the fresh Hammerite, we need to add rust for value.
Funny, I'm always fighting rust, worrying about humidity levels in the shop and so on.
Should just let rust win!

Glen

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Lot F202 C Shadow sold $143,000
Lot F203 Red/Black Touring Rapide no sale high bid $60,000

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Lot F253 A Rapide no sale high bid $250k
Lot F254 C Shadow sold $99k
Lot F255 Flash replica no sale high bid $11k
Lot F256 Victor replica no sale high bid $25k
Lot F260 C Touring Rapide sold $55k

Little Honda

Non-VOC Member
One of the great advantages of a non matching numbers bike, is that you can ride it mod it(so long as it stays within the DVLA 'not substantially modified' area -what ever that means) Ride with its improved lights,ignition steering suspension etc etc,( keeping the old stuff on the shelf) and free of the'extraneous rubbish' as you call it of a modern bike.
I must admit every time I drive in my fairly modern car with the idiot bleeps with an engine I can hardly see for the plastic covers and inaccessible items I think perhaps I should apply the same logic and look for a low mileage 1980-90 tin box
Better value for money, for sure!

Little Honda

Non-VOC Member
I don't understand, My Special is matching numbers, Never gave it a thought.
Bill, I referred to vibrac´s notion abt modern cars and 1980 -90ies tin boxes. I am driving a Volvo V70 in pristine
condition, yr2000, former(first) owner a Black Shadow owner, same car as Neville Higgins, who also worked at
Volvos´when it was constructed. It is one of the best cars, I have had, including Mercedes , BMW and Porsche.
I am not missing anything in comparison to modern cars, therefor: "Better value for money!"

Status
Not open for further replies.