Mecum 2019 Las Vegas Auction

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Its relitivity Bill ,when approaching the speed of light things get compressed horizontally and those numbers on the RFM just got stuck on the rebound , the effect does not occur on the headstock as thats vertical. just go slower.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Vibrac, You have lost me again !, If I go any slower, I would have stopped !.
Just shows even the Numbers aren't standard, I have seen many I didn't like the look of, A lot on this Forum.
These are Strange Machines. Cheers Bill.

davidd

VOC Member
Stockholm Egli Mecum 2019.PNG

https://www.mecum.com/lots/LV0119-362352/1948-egli-vincent-twin/

David

Bill Cannon

VOC Member
Clearly not an Egli frame with the rear loop and square section swing arm, and not a period build with those modern disc brakes.
Any one know the back-story?
Bill

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
A Vincent timing chest cover (as opposed to H.R.D.) with an engine number of 1836? early type gear change cover, probably correct, the extensive write up mentions 1949, the website post mentions 1948, more than likely correct, LHS crankcase has had H.R.D. removed from the casting, I don't think this was done as early as engine number 1836.

Jonathan Lambley

VOC Machine Researcher
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
The last we heard of this Egli on the VOC database was in 2008 in the UK, which ties in with the UK MOT mentioned.
Presuming it is the same one, it's clearly been exported to the USA at some point but no owner or seller has chosen to update the club. Obviously their choice but it's good to keep us updated so we can maintain the records.
Again it's appreciated if anyone is at or going to the auction, to take a photo of the UFM, RFM, engine and crankcase mating numbers and email them to me.
research998@voc.uk.com
Thanks
Jon Lambley
Machine Researcher

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
The last we heard of this Egli on the VOC database was in 2008 in the UK, which ties in with the UK MOT mentioned.
Presuming it is the same one, it's clearly been exported to the USA at some point but no owner or seller has chosen to update the club. Obviously their choice but it's good to keep us updated so we can maintain the records.
Again it's appreciated if anyone is at or going to the auction, to take a photo of the UFM, RFM, engine and crankcase mating numbers and email them to me.
research998@voc.uk.com
Thanks
Jon Lambley
Machine Researcher
May I add to Jons post, Bonhams usually check Vincents though us before their auctions but sometimes there is a last minute email from them about something which has been missed like the email I received today. Don't assume though that everything has been checked as some do slip through. So if your thinking on bidding, do ask and do your own due diligence first.

As for Mercum, they never contact us and have never asked about any Vincent in their auctions. So if anybody is going to the Mercum auction, take a notepad and camera and as Jon says let him or myself have those details of any Vincent and photos of their numbers etc as it will help keep our records up to date.
Simon Dinsdale
Machine Registrar

davidd

VOC Member
I would note that the provenance of the frame is not clear, while the description implies it is original. Most of the original Egli and Slater frames have numbers that can be checked. Anyone bidding seriously on an Egli should ask for the provenance of both the engine and chassis.

David

vibrac

VOC Member
Main thing nowadays in UK and Europe is that the frame has a registration from the classic period be it an original Egli,Slater,CTG, or any other copy, there are not many egli style frames getting V5 registrations and now Patrick has gone I expect they will dry up completely.