Mecum 2019 Vegas 02.jpg

https://www.mecum.com/lots/LV0119-348718/1969-vincent-egli/

Mecum 2019 Vegas 03.jpg

https://www.mecum.com/lots/LV0119-348659/1951-vincent-black-shadow/

David

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
The Lightning for sale at the Vegas Bonhams auction is advertised as a Series B but has an RC/ frame number. How can that be?

Jonathan Lambley

VOC Machine Researcher
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
All I would say , being new to the role of Machine Researcher, is buyer beware.
ALLWAYS get your numbers checked with either Simon Dinsdale or myself before parting with your hard earned cash. I can't believe how many incorrect/restamped bikes pass before our eyes. Remember it's a free service from the VOC and you can sometimes get an answer within minutes.
Have your bike numbers ever been checked?, if not send us photographs of the UFM RFM, engine and Crankcase mating numbers and we'll tell you what it is or maybe isn't.
Is that UFM on your shelf in your workshop really what you think it is?
Does your missing frame number or engine still exist?
Anyway back to the bikes above, when I get to my computer I'll check the numbers given and come back to you.
Cheers
Jon Lambley

Last edited:

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
All I would say , being new to the role of Machine Researcher, is buyer beware.
ALLWAYS get your numbers checked with either Simon Dinsdale or myself before parting with your hard earned cash. I can't believe how many incorrect/restamped bikes pass before our eyes. Remember it's a free service from the VOC and you can sometimes get an answer within minutes.
Have your bike numbers ever been checked?, if not send us photographs of the UFM RFM, engine and Crankcase mating numbers and we'll tell you what it is or maybe isn't.
Is that UFM on your shelf in your workshop really what you think it is?
Does your missing frame number or engine still exist?
Anyway back to the bikes above, when I get to my computer I'll check the numbers given and come back to you.
Cheers
Thank you "Lambers", whoever you are, the quality of checking done by the VOC over the last twenty plus years is second to none. Dodgy numbers, dodgy owners, dodgy numbers are all laid bare by the data held by the VOC. Sadly, some people ask too late and some people think they can get away with fraud. There are some seriously dodgy machines here in Australia but unless the data is correlated within the VOC data bank there will be tears.

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator

Jonathan Lambley

VOC Machine Researcher
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Thank you "Lambers", whoever you are, the quality of checking done by the VOC over the last twenty plus years is second to none. Dodgy numbers, dodgy owners, dodgy numbers are all laid bare by the data held by the VOC. Sadly, some people ask too late and some people think they can get away with fraud. There are some seriously dodgy machines here in Australia but unless the data is correlated within the VOC data bank there will be tears.

I'm tempted to say "I'm Batman" but I'm not, I'm just Jon Lambley, machine researcher.
My predecessors, Messer's Farrel, Powell and of course the current Registrar, Simon Dinsdale, have certainly done tons of work over the years, which has led to a very robust and impressive database, vital to the integrity of the Vincent name. Hopefully I'll follow in their footsteps, so to speak but time will tell.

Last edited: