Mecum 2019 Las Vegas Auction

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I tend to lose a bit of faith when an auction company lists several Douglas machines as 2 1/4 instead of 2 3/4. Then has other glaring errors on descriptions of other machines. Not very professional considering the commissions they demand!

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
This is a "rider"? and a "Huckleberry" forsooth! Whoever cobbled this heap together obviously doesn't know how to set up front brakes and, even if they were set up correctly, has cunningly contrived the twistgrip body so it drastically limits the travel of the front brake lever. The only saving grace is that the machine isn't tarted up like a queer Gypsy's caravan.

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
The write up makes no mention of having an electric start. I see nothing to suggest it has an electric start. Yet it doesn't have a kick start lever. The engine number they quote in the print, doesn't match that which I believe I see in the primary side photo of the engine.

Somer

VOC Member
It also doesn't have a generator or a battery. It is a bump-starter ! I have seen bikes like this go fairly reasonable at sales.

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
They should try doing a little more research. It was the patent that PCV received for the rear suspension that convinced his father to invest and allowed PCV to purchase HRD. He (Irving) didn't (leave) Australia with John Gill until 1930. (BigEd)

1546544121480.png

Again, lack of attention to detail.
Steven

Last edited by a moderator:

Albervin

VOC Member
It also doesn't have a generator or a battery. It is a bump-starter ! I have seen bikes like this go fairly reasonable at sales.
For good reason Somer. If the exterior is poorly assembled then it makes you wonder about the internals.

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
BigEd and Chankly, thanks clearing that up. When I re-read it I could he see where someone might get confused.
Steven