Marty Dickerson

mercurycrest

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Just got these five words in an Email from Marty Jr. at 04:19AM, GMT. Marty Sr. had just returned from a long spell in the hospital to open up some arteries to his heart recently. He'd decided at 92 he wasn't going for the full monty because it was too iffy at his age.

"In ICU Simi Valley Hospital"

litnman

VOC Member
I had a long conversation with Marty last week and he sounded upbeat and anxious to get
the operation over with.
He was disappointed not being able to get the blue bike to run like it did in early days.
He concluded it may have been due to the engine being in pieces for 20 plus years and the castings changing shape. The best he could do in 1997 was mid 130s.

mercurycrest

VOC Member
This was in this morning's Email. Sorry, adding the attatchment is above my skill, so just google TAVR if you want.

Well folks,
Had a pretty good scare yesterday, he was in pretty bad shape. His oxygen level hit the floor, his blood pressure hit the roof, hospital found he had fluids everywhere they shouldnt be and he had mild influenza. He was having congestive heart failure.
Sat in ER with him all day, they admitted him and whipped him back into shape. His has severe aortic stenosis, a-fib and just a crazy heartbeat. He dodged the undertaker. He is still strong enough to have the TAVR procedure and is awaiting transport back to USC Med Center to do just that. Without it could he has a couple months to a year or so left.

Please see the attachment in this email if you are so inclined. Best one I found that explains the who, what and where facts about this procedure

Take Care All

litnman

VOC Member
Marty said Dr Ray Matthews who is the top cardiologist in this field will be in charge of his procedure. Just like putting in a stent, well not quite, but definitely better than open heart surgery.

mercurycrest

VOC Member
Today's News:
Well Folks,
This is not a test run, this is the real deal. Dad is being picked up in an hour for the ride to USC. Last time he went for a stint and come home. This time the procedure is being done.
Im sure it will be a couple days till it actually happens, so I will keep you posted. This is what he has chosen so it will be honored. I am praying for the doctors steady hand and his clear mind. He is a teaching Doctor and has done many, many of these procedures, that doesnt make me feel completely at ease, but, it is a start.

mercurycrest

VOC Member
From Marty jr. this morning:
He has elected to go through with the TAVR procedure. Doctor will be doing it Tues 26th 11am. So whatever prayers, good thoughts, mojo, whatever your deal might be, please throw it what ever direction u can
Thanks

mercurycrest

VOC Member
And the good news came this morning:

Well folks,
Just a quick HURRAY to the doctor. Procedure went well. Stroke was something that could of happened while messing around in there. IT DID NOT....HURRAY again.
Seen him after he woke up, he spoke a few words then nodded off, gonna be in ICU for a day or so. Suppose to come home maybe Friday. They did find a major blockage in his neck, which the doctor will be addressing post haste. Dosesnt want his good work to be fouled up by something else.
Time for a nap now, much relief, thanks for all the MOJO and PRAYERS. I'll quit bothering you folks SOON, crises seems to be winding down, for now.

Younger Marty