Market value

GrantAndrew

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I have insured my dads Egli Vincent through Footman James.
The insurance says it is insured for market value.
How much would this be?
They gave me a form to get an agreed value who in the club would do this?
What would i need to do?
Would it be worth getting an agreed value or would market value be sufficent?
Thanks, Grant.

johncrispin

VOC Member
Grant,
Be aware that FJ have a normal ceiling of £25k, sadly I had to get mine increased by negotiation and for a reasonable increase in the premium which jumps up in £5k steps, I got what I thought was a reasonable compromise (value, v risk, v unacceptably high premiums).
Of course everything would be fine but for the idiotic sums which our bikes can fetch in which case how long is a bit of string ref valuation. I had the dubious honour of valuing a fellow members White shadow once, when I was an s.o. Had he or I known what would ensue from that a couple of years later.... but that is another story.. come down to the link rd log cabin A361 when the weather improves and meet our happy band on a WED lunchtime. J .sw section

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
When last i looked at agreed value, I was told that photographs of the bike had to be film, not digital, presumably to guard against a quick photoshop "conkers restoration" of a wreck. Do they still?

Alan J

VOC Member
No, Tom-I just sent a "digi photo" of my old Beeza To F.J. and they accepted it Hardly anyone uses "film" any more! John, I live at the other end of the A361! call in and see me any time-it's a long road!