Mallory battle

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Off to the BHRC 2 day race meeting at Mallory
Hope to see the Quirks beat the Tuer Morgan they did well at Lydden
At least one big twin is still used in anger, the collectors have not got em all
pehaps Robbos 4 valver will pop up as well
Mondays weather should be better than Sundays

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I think Bill Tuer and his Morgan are Magic, I love to see him do well, Got into trouble one day with a well known Vin rider for being too supportive !! I like to see Vins do well to. Have Fun, Wish I was there !! Cheers Bill.

timetraveller

VOC Member
Yes, I was at Lydden about a month ago and the Morgan and the Quirks were competing together. It was clear that no matter how hard the Quirks try they cannot outcorner the Morgan. It was a pleasure to see them both trying so hard but even the very old Morgan is always going to beat an outfit, baring accidents, blow ups etc.

vibrac

VOC Member
I was wrong there were 4 vincent outfits there and the Mogvin and tomorrow (Monday) the sun is going to shine so should be good stuff...
No Vincent solos but a Jap V twin norton and a imp engined solo that I did not see run
Ben won both his races but not on the HRD which still awaits my free time I hope to get it ready for the last meeting meeting of the year at Cadders

Howard

VOC Member
Off to the BHRC 2 day race meeting at Mallory
Hope to see the Quirks beat the Tuer Morgan they did well at Lydden
At least one big twin is still used in anger, the collectors have not got em all
pehaps Robbos 4 valver will pop up as well
Mondays weather should be better than Sundays

Not just collectors stopping Vins appearing at race meetings, a few of us would love to get them on track again (right Bill?), it's just become so expensive, and we olduns don't bounce as well as we used to - another sign of an ageing club??

H

ps Old racers don't die they turn up at East Midlands meets - there were one or two there yesterday - admittedly not using their bikes"in anger", but maybe with a bit of attitude.

Last edited:

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Your are Right Howard, But also I think I have lost my Bottle !! Can't think where I put it !! Cheers Bill.

vibrac

VOC Member
One thing is certain a parade session on a race bike at a BHRC race meeting (Normally two per day) looks a lot safer than a crowded 1000 bikes or a track day filled with young guns on rice burners