Main Jet for 928 consentrics

nkt267

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Tony, If you can find somewhere far enough away from the police try the bike without the silencer. Should only take 10 minutes to get it removed. If it goes a lot better then get a new silencer. Be aware that you may be heard in Valletta if you are near Mdina..John

mercurycrest

VOC Member
"So, it seems that my silencer is not the correct one!! where should I get a proper one which will work well for me? Any suggestions?"

Tony,
Any of the suppliers listed on this forum's main page will have good quality silencers, or maybe you could make a deal with the Comet owner in Spain who is looking for a quieter silencer (I'm very happy with the VOC Spiral one)? 170's, 180's and 190's ought to cover you on jets. Just a thought, do you really need to go over 95mph on Malta? I'm embarrassed to think how many times I've f***ed up a perfectly good Vincent trying to impress myself.:(
Cheers, john

tjcassar

Non-VOC Member
Hi John,

First things first. As for speed. No not in Malta, 50 mph is more than we can handle here!11 However we do go off to Sicily quite often and there we can let off steam. the reality is that if I can achieve the designed speed then I know that the machine is in top contition so I try it out ONLY for that reason. John (NKT267) gave me agood idea, I will try it out one of these evenings.
As for Jets, I will place an order tomorrow to get the ones suggested by you for later experimentation. Thank you once again.
Tony

tjcassar

Non-VOC Member
Hi John,
Good idea. Will have a go at this. Hopefully I do not wake up half of the Island!!!
Cheers
Tony

tjcassar

Non-VOC Member
Yes, Thats a good idea but Festas start in June right through to October. Would have to wait too long!!!! This will be tried some time soon. You seem to know the Island quite well.
Cheers.
Tony

nkt267

VOC Member
I have stayed in Birgu a few times, right up near the castle. Last year We got to bed at 4am and the petards started at 8am from just below the old hospital..AAARRRRGGGHHH. John

tjcassar

Non-VOC Member
Wow right in the middle of the battle field!!! Next time you intend coming let me know we can ride some Vintage motorcycles.
Tony