Magneto Remagnetising

Comet Rider

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi All,
I need to get a Lucas MO1 magneto sorted.
It sparks well at high revs, but is poor at low revs, and the magbetism seems poor.
I thought I would get it remagnetised to see if this cures it, so to th amassed knowledge of the VOC can you recomend a UK based mag expert

Cheers
Neil

mr.hutch

VOC Member
Mr Salmons, at Burnham-on-Crouch has done excelent work over the years, on Suffolk Section mags etc. I assume he is still in business, so give him a ring on 01621 784141, I am sure he will be able to help.

go carefully, mr hutch

Len Matthews

VOC Member
Yes John, Mr. Salmon and/or his son(s) are still repairing Magnetos but they have this unfortunate habit of coating small parts that were originally cadmiun plated with black paint. If sending a KVF mag ensure the camring housing has been put back in the right position or mark it before sending. They usually fit new HT leads to twin mags that are not long enough and there have been problems when the wrong grade of carbon brushes have been used in the pickups leading to rapid slipring wear. After all that you might think I have no faith in Salmon's workmanship but not so. I just bring these points to your attention to avoid hiccups later on.