Magnet taper

Vincent Brake

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi There,
I am in need of the design measurement for the taper on a magnet.
am Doing an axle for it and want to do it the original way, instead of foulty machining setting the cross slide angle by a dail G. set under or over C.line.
it must be pretty obvious, but here over the small pond we dont know. is it near 1:10?

Regards and thanx for any awnser,

Vincent

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
Hi Roy,
its the magnet axle taper where Pr22 atd screws on.
I am doing a conversion to a electronic ignition and have a substitute for the magnet (but poor Quality) and need to machine a new axle
Regards
Vincent

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
British standard K1 and K2, German standard ZE1 and ZE2 is 1 in 10. 13mm. diameter commencing tapering over 11mm. This is a pre-war standard but I don't think it changed! Opinions anyone? Perhaps make a trial piece, lap in and blue.

Last edited:

passenger0_0

Non-VOC Member
I believe "chalky bore' is correct in both the taper standard and the use of blue marker. All good engineering practice. Cheers David

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
It is" Chankly Bore",please!I'm not an engineer's Backside, but I'm serious about my minor Victorian poets! Chankly Bore also describes the condition of F5AB/2A/7945 when I bought it in 1970.Cheers.

passenger0_0

Non-VOC Member
Opps ..... Please accept my most humble appologies Chankly Bore - By way of excuse I wasn't wearing my reading glasses when I made the post. I'm so used to inane web names but am very ignorant regarding victorian poets. Cheers David