Magic

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
"A" little lubrication would have made it a lot quieter, last a lot longer & run a lot smoother. Without lubrication it life nothing will last for long. Bananas are slippery things.
bananaman

ClassicBiker

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I've often wondered about the usefulness of these things. You need to have room available to spin them around. Room that could be used to park another bike on either side, even when it isn't in use. If you don't or can't park the bike on it, it is still there to be tripped over. I suppose you could pick it up and put it aside after spinning the bike around but where is the convenience in that?
But I admit it is neat if you have the room.
Steven

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
OK Then it's just me, I am more Lazy than Susan !, I have just made mine with a Scaffold board, A bit of 14" by 1" and an old Vincent Wheel Bearing.
Works with my Special, Which is a bit tall, So I stood by the side of it, Must admit I nearly dropped it a few times !, Which is why our friend on the Video stays sitting on it ??.
But really you must have room for a scaffold board ??.
I think I can make it a bit more steady, But my floor is tricky, There is a pit in the middle and the cover boards
are just below the surface.
I think it will be more easy with my other Bikes ?.
Cheers Bill.