mag cowl t-nut

erik

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
can anybody help me to identify this parts and where are they mounted on the motorcycle? mag cowl t-nut ft156-1ass ,mag cowl bolt ft156-2ass ,mag cowl stand t-bolt ft156-3ass ? erik

bmetcalf

VOC Member
My guess, reference drawing MO32:
mag cowl t-nut ft156-1ass = 73
mag cowl bolt ft156-2ass = FT155
mag cowl stand t-bolt ft156-3ass = 589

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
can anybody help me to identify this parts and where are they mounted on the motorcycle? mag cowl t-nut ft156-1ass ,mag cowl bolt ft156-2ass ,mag cowl stand t-bolt ft156-3ass ? erik
Dear Erik,
I can't find this part on a mag cowl drawing but think it may be the same part used on the rear mudguard hinge. A clip below from MO37.

MO37 cropped.jpg

bmetcalf

VOC Member
Clev Trev makes/made the lower assembly and probably the upper tommy bar stud. The stud and right hand nut are one piece this a lug that engages the notch in the front engine plate to keep it from spinning when you tighten the tommy bar nut, which is tastefully smaller than the FT156.

erik

VOC Member
thanks a lot!! the problem was that i never heard about the word cowl and mag .mag is a magneto for me and so i thought this tommy bar has something to do with the magneto.

b'knighted

VOC Member
thanks a lot!! the problem was that i never heard about the word cowl and mag .mag is a magneto for me and so i thought this tommy bar has something to do with the magneto.
Mag is magneto and the mag cowl is the front cover that hides and streamlines it and the oil filter housing. See cowl FT163, and fastenings FT155, 91, 92, 589, ET186 on MO 32.
The items you quote are not factory parts so do not appear on the MO drawings.