Lydden last week end

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Follow this link to see Bens Vincent blast off the line he is on the second row of the grid-after the first lap you wont see much more Vincent because the video concentrates on the second place man (stacey)
Ben won 4 out of the 4 races on the two days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqhogKBF-zA

cag201

VOC Member
We were there on Sunday and were the only Vincent spectators. It was nice to see Roland Mettam again and have a chat about old times. Ben went very well too so all in all a brilliant day.

vibrac

VOC Member
Yes nice to see at least one Vincent owner get there by Vincent power when Vincents win especially as it was a Velocette sponsored meeting and those other black and gold jobs were much in evidence. I have not found any video of the 4 valver yet it was a cracker.Dont know if it will be at Penbury but I expect Cadwell will be a full Vincent turnout

Gerry Jenkinson

VOC Member
Yes nice to see at least one Vincent owner get there by Vincent power

There were more of us! I was there on Saturday on my Shadow with a friend who rode my Comet (but he is a Norton owner). Didnt see any Vins parked. Sorry to have missed you all. First time I have been to Lydden, and it wont be the last. Lovely circuit with excellent views .
That 4 valve Comet certainly was impressive.

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
The only 4 valve head I know of is the Phil Irving concept drawing which the Aussie Irvin-Vincent 4 valve head is based on. My Dad has a copy of the drawing which he got from Ken Horner (creater of the Irving-Vincent) who I believe has the original. Several copies have been sent to people so somebody else may have taken the basic concept to an actual head.

See: http://www.vincentownersclub.co.uk/photos/showphoto.php?photo=3457&title=4-valve-head&cat=514 which is a photo of the drawing I posted on the forum last year.

Cheers,
Simon.

Gerry Jenkinson

VOC Member
Talking to one of the pit crew between races, he told me it was designed by Irving but never built. Someone saw the drawings and had it made. Thats all he said before rushing off to the start line.
What I saw of it there was large housing cast with the head. Sorry not to be able to tell more. Went very well but was the only one in the race using methanol.

ET43

Non-VOC Member
Cyril Malem, when he ran CTG Racing, had some four valve heads made. As one unnamed well known clever person said, " It probably produces enough extra power to propel the extra weight down the road " I also think that George Spence produced a drawing of such a device, but I may be wrong. Cheers, ET43