Luggage Rack

G

Graham Smith

I received the following message…

If you're able to help, please contact Lauren directly.

We have manufactured a luggage rack for the Series B and C Vincent, but from pictures it looks like it could fit the series A too. Could you advise if they have the same rear end? there is a picture of our kit here, showing the three mounting points. https://www.craven-equipment.co.uk/...-series-a-b-c-includes-top-pannier-fixing-kit

Name: Lauren Gwynn (Draganfly / Craven)
Tel: 07880 994 857
E-mail Address: lauren@draganfly.co.uk

black_shaddow_small-4.jpg

bmetcalf

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
That design is different to the old version, it must be more efficient to fabricate. Good news for those with Craven panniers.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
It doesn’t look right to me, I never did like the original Craven carrier. For me by far the best solution is/was the Cyril Maylem carrier with Craven Dolomites, obviously fully spring, decent capacity, and just looks right, to my eyes anyway.

bmetcalf

VOC Member
I would have thought that as forward as possible, leaving room for the passenger’s legs, would maximize centralization of the weight, which should be good. The lateral bracing is needed, of course. This is my rack (lateral bracing circled in red.)

1981.png

full

Last edited:

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
No rack on my Rapide, I use throw-over panniers and a tank bag. I have no connection with Draganfly / Craven but perhaps we should commend them for even thinking about producing something that will realistically be for a very small market and ease of manufacture may have been a factor. I think this may be an initial mock-up as there does not look as if there is anything on the left-hand side of the bike in the photograph.
Testing of a finished item will prove whether it is adequate or not. I would have thought that a tube, in tension, on either side would introduce some triangulation. A curve to allow removal of the tool tray would also be needed or a straight tube fixed lower down at the rack down tube.
1642574473764.jpeg

Last edited:

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
To answer the question, without some serious modifications it would not fit series A machines as any mounting points would be different. In fact virtual the whole bike is different to the later series With very little interchangeable.
I doubt there would be much of a market for such a rack for series A machines.

delboy

VOC Member
Who's picking the short straw and giving Lauren the good news?
[By the way, I think it looks simplistic and ugly too, on a "C" let alone an "A". Just my thoughts,- sorry Bill.]
Delboy.

vibrac

VOC Member
I say you cant beat Bananamans design of panniers cantilever off the back of a strengthed seat if it can take the weight of those huge panniers (cum picnic table) they would easily take 'normal size ones. show us a picture Marcus!