Lucas Dynamo

chankly bore

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
parallel or tapered drive end? I might have a brand new drive gear to help you, Cheers

Last edited:

Tony Cording

VOC Member
I posted a reply yesterday but looks as if it didn't arrive. So, just in case - the Lucas dynamo is brand new, hence my desire to use it, and it has a parallel drive end. I have the drive gear for a taper, and wonder if a Lucas armature with taper is available, or a drive gear suitable for a parallel end.

Thanks for any help.

Tony

mercurycrest

VOC Member
Hi Tony,
Get an old breather or half time pinion and adapt it to fit the gen. shaft. I know a couple of excellent machinists in your area if help is needed. :D
Cheers, John

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
send me your postal address and I'll send you a gear.No charge just postage. They were surplus in a batch of gears the local section purchased some years ago. Cheers, F5AB/2A/7945

Tony Cording

VOC Member
Many thanks for all the advice. John U. you are quite right, but happily Mr. Chankly's kind offer will solve my problem. I have sent an e mail response to C.B., if it doesn't arrive please let me know. If advice is needed - the Forum is the place to go. It's the bee's knees.

Thanks again.

Tony

Alan J

VOC Member
Tony, "the bees knees" may be alright-but I'm not sure about the knees of the average Vincent owner!