LUCAS / ALTETTE Horn bits needed..

Ducdude

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Gents,

I am still trying to get the parts needed to fix up the horn on my shadow and I have tried to contact both;

Bob Parry @ bob.parry92@talktalk.net in the US
And
Taff the horn @ lynn.isaac@tinyworld.co.uk

Neither have returned my email. Does any one have another means to contact this lot or another source for the bits to rebuild my LUCAS / ALTETTE horn?

Much Thanks,

Eric

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
I have found Lynn Isaac helpful and pleasant to deal with in the past.Maybe he's just snowed under ----------- or snowed in! Cheers, F5AB/2A/7945. By the way,what bits do you need?

Ducdude

VOC Member
Happy New Year Chankly,

All the Fiber/paper shims were rotted in my horn so they all need to be
replaced. I would also like to know if 6 Volt coils are available just in
case. Additionally any other bits you know of that should be changed out for
good measure...etc....

Ciao,
Eric

vincenttwin

VOC Member
ERIC
Do a EBAY search most stuff is on there to rebuilt your horn S+S motors in tampa seems to carry a lot of it as well.
cheers
peter allen

Ducdude

VOC Member
ERIC
Do a EBAY search most stuff is on there to rebuilt your horn S+S motors in tampa seems to carry a lot of it as well.
cheers
peter allen

S+S motors carries parts of Lucas and ALTETTE horn parts???? REALLY!!?? Do you have a phone number?

Thanks,
Eric

Ducdude

VOC Member
Now for the big question....If I get the parts are these horns repariable by the average home wrench? I have had reports that the job is bigger then it looks?

Thanks Eric

nkt267

VOC Member
I have had reports that the job is bigger then it looks?
The biggest problem I have is that the adjusting screw has rusted in, the slot is damaged and this makes getting the front of the horn off nearly impossible..Taff has an excellent repair service, not cheap, but you get what you pay for..John

Ducdude

VOC Member
The biggest problem I have is that the adjusting screw has rusted in, the slot is damaged and this makes getting the front of the horn off nearly impossible..Taff has an excellent repair service, not cheap, but you get what you pay for..John

Thanks John,

I have already had the entire horn appart....Which screw are you refering to as the adjusting screw?

Thanks,
Eric Horn back 1 small.jpg

nkt267

VOC Member
On the Altettes that I have the tone adjusting screw is underneath the domed nut on the front of the horn. The tone screw is locked by a round flat nut that needs an adapted box spanner (box spanner with 2 tangs on it) to undo it, once the lock nut has been loosened then the centre adjusting screw can be got out. Mine won't!!!!!!:mad::mad:
If your horn is 12Volt it is most likely off a car or jeep etc.
http://www.vincentownersclub.co.uk/photos/showphoto.php?photo=7822&title=p1020366&cat=777
have posted a pic of the horn...John