lost at sea

david bowen

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
3 Comets and 9 Rapides were lost when a meat ship returning to Australia with these bikes on board sank in the Atlantic April 1951 my research team had to work hard on this project thanks for the great effort,

vibrac

VOC Member
Have to send in the underwater team that recovered all those Picadors from the Irish sea......:cool:;)

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
Ship 220 ton Ketos sank off the Brazilian coast 12th April 1951 due to a engine room explosion all crew saved

Robin77777

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Those Picador's never ditched in the sea. No..No..Noo..
Remote radio control was lost so the aircraft just flew on up through the atmosphere and into space.
A couple landed on Mars the mid 70's and the clever Martians copied the design, fitted a dual seat and produced several hundred more machines.
Although they were expensive, many of the more well-to-do Martian folks bought them as they were the fastest production machine available anywhere in the solar system.
Dozens were exported to Venus and beyond. Rumour has it that a few early originals even made it as far Uranus.
They formed a Vincent Picador Owner's Club which continues to thrive to this day. In fact, there has been a suggestion that, with the cooperation of Richard Branson and Virgin Galactic, the first intergalactic VPC rally could take place on the moon as soon as the year 2025. Further details at http://www.virgingalactic.com/human-spaceflight/your-flight-to-space/

Robin77777

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I just sent a text to the Mars Section Organiser to see if he knows.
Only takes a text message about 4 minutes to get there so I should know by later today.:)