looking for some rivets

jellywrestler

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
hi folks, i'm looking for some rivets for my rear damper assembly the complete unit is an FT94 AS, i need some rivets to reassemble the original units and keen to know who may stock them.
they dont appear to be available from the spares company

thanks
graeme staples

nkt267

VOC Member
I don't know if you have had replies of forum.I had trouble getting rivets long enough so I got some alloy bar about the correct diameter.
First I used assembly compound (loctite 638 or equivalent) to lock the stays into the casting as the new stay was a sliding fit in the casting( I used stainless).Drill for the size of bar that you bought,cut the alloy bar approx 1/4 inch longer than the width of the casting.Put the bar through the hole you drilled and support the back and tap the bar a few times to start it spreading turn over and repeat till the hole in the casting is filled and then file of the excess and polish.
I hope this makes sense..John

jellywrestler

Non-VOC Member
thanks john, it makes perfect sense. currently my goood one has a mushroom head rivet but after seeing three vinnies over the weekend they all pegged and filed off. will get intot the shed today and have a play

graeme

stumpy lord

Non-VOC Member
Hi all,
For various air craft general spares [A.G.S.] and that includes solid rivets of varius dia, lengths, and head types try light aero spares Ltd.
Phone number 01837 658081 aero@eurobell.co.uk.
They allso stock all kinds of usfull things that can be used on old british motor cycles, such as B.S.F. nuts and bolts.
cheers norm.