Looking for Black Shadow

mikeainsworth

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I've been interested in Vincents all my life and have now got enough money to be able to afford one.

Does anyone know where I could enquire about getting hold of a series A black shadow, as this is the model that i'm really interested in.

Tracey Tilley

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Your first move should be to join the Club.This will give you a wealth of information both locally and internationally.
It also provides a monthly magazine with a classified advert section and a diary of events where you can meet Vincent owners who may know of bikes for sale.

G

Graham Smith

Not wishing to sound sarcastic, but I think you need to do your homework a little more thoroughly.

Black Shadows only appeared as Series 'B' machines (and then in only small numbers). The majority of them were produced as Series 'C's, with Girdraulic forks, and then onto Series 'D', again in only small numbers.

Black Shadows were never produced as a Series 'A' machine.

Perhaps you mean the rarer Black Widow ;)

ET43

Non-VOC Member
Nah, Graham, perhaps you thought it was the Red Widow V4 that folks used to say my old beast was. Gordon Bennett springs to mind! But seriously Mike, do as Tracy says and the join the club as it is well worth it. Cheers, Phil Primmer aka ET43

Albervin

VOC Member
All in jest

Not wishing to sound sarcastic, but I think you need to do your homework a little more thoroughly.

Black Shadows only appeared as Series 'B' machines (and then in only small numbers). The majority of them were produced as Series 'C's, with Girdraulic forks, and then onto Series 'D', again in only small numbers.

Black Shadows were never produced as a Series 'A' machine.
I am sure a Series "A" Black Shadow replica could be knocked up for (say) £90,000

Perhaps you mean the rarer Black Widow ;)
These would be much harder to replicate as all works drawings were done on self combusting paper..
:rolleyes: