Longest ride yet!

Bobv07662

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Today was a treat, glorious weather and a ride with the twin in the country . No traffic for miles and miles. I would like to thank all in the club who have made the re-comissioning of my Rapide as smooth as possible. The information I have gotten here is always spot on and to the point.
Also a special thank you to John Healy and the staff at Coventry Spares here in the US.
Had the bike up to 75 this am and it continues to impress me with its smooth torque delivery.
Maybe someday I'll get to see another Vincent on the road here in New Jersey!

Bobv07662

VOC Member
Scott Dell is from New Jersey, he races a Grey Flash replica and I'm sure he has roadgoing Vincent's as well.
Yes I was in Scott's shop last week to return some books he loaned me. He was putting a new piston and barrel on his racer. I mentioned to him about riding my Vin down the Parkway...he reminded me about those wacky commuters on the GSP! :)

Gary Gittleson

VOC Member
Gary Gittleson is also in New Jersey. Oh. That's me. I'm about a 45 minute ride from Bob. And I ride with a couple of other Vincent guys, along with two on '69 Triumphs.

Bob, I sent your email address to the "chairman" of the Gotham chapter of the VOC. His name is Michael Lewin. He's working on a Zoom chapter meeting. He'll get in touch.

Gary

Bobv07662

VOC Member
Gary Gittleson is also in New Jersey. Oh. That's me. I'm about a 45 minute ride from Bob. And I ride with a couple of other Vincent guys, along with two on '69 Triumphs.

Bob, I sent your email address to the "chairman" of the Gotham chapter of the VOC. His name is Michael Lewin. He's working on a Zoom chapter meeting. He'll get in touch.

Gary
Thanks Gary!

Somer

VOC Member
There are other members there too and in the adjacent states. I'll let them raise their hands though.

vibrac

VOC Member
I thought this an appropriate thread
This early Morning the Egli Comet had its first longish run I say longish because the pilot tired before the plane:( I shall I think have to join Bill in raising those handlebars. I wonder will it spoil the look? Whatever it was a nice ride:)
NB: gearbox sprocket needs to go up to say 22-23 teeth.
1600080832126.jpeg
:(

Bobv07662

VOC Member
This early Morning the Egli Comet had its first longish run I say longish because the pilot tired before the plane:( I shall I think have to join Bill in raising those handlebars. I wonder will it spoil the look? Whatever it was a nice ride:)
View attachment 37213 :(
Bike looks great as it is...Perfect reason to buy another one!

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
View attachment 37213 :(
I don't need an Egli, But that one looks the Biz. Just thought , It's the tank that gives it the look !.

vibrac

VOC Member
UK Members!
For reasons mostly Atmospheric but partially political and astronomical I reckon tomorrow Tuesday is the last day of this indian summer:(, there is a low moving in:(, the sun is teetering on the equatoro_O and Boris is about to pronounce:eek:
So drop everything else and enjoy your last ride in perfect weather! :D