London Commuters

A-BCD

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I used to ride to Imperial College in the 60s and leave my C Rapide all day on its rear stand in the centre of Exhibition Road. Never used a chain and padlock.......

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
A few years ago, I participated in the E types 50th "birthday" celebration. The start point was at the rather swanky (make thet exceedenglety opulent) headquarters of the SMMT, society of motor manufacturers and traders ,in Mayfair, a most circuitous route which took us from horseguards parade to canary wharf. The pictures from road+ crap are from that very event. If 50 e's were invited, how can they now get banned.

vibrac

VOC Member
Didn't John Webber commute to the City on his Comet? Maybe couldn't any more.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/news/new-legislation-would-ban-the-jaguar-e-type-from-downtown-london

Here we go, suckered into a nice room with free road tax and no MOT's ,now we are not part of the motoring masses we have given up our buying rights. Now the big squeeze starts, now the walls close in. Give the swine an inch and it will be club runs only for vehicles over 10 years old -another boost to the economy more new cars, recycling not maintenance

mr.hutch

VOC Member
I used to ride to Imperial College in the 60s and leave my C Rapide all day on its rear stand in the centre of Exhibition Road. Never used a chain and padlock.......

A Small World indeed.
I parked my DKW in the center of Exhibition Road, between 1960- 64, when I couldn't get into the RCA bike park.
Happy days, yes no security was necessary. South Ken was considered pretty posh at that time.

John H