London Clean Air Zone Cost or Scrappage - £1,000 for your Vincent?

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
The ULEZ (Clean air) zone around London is expanding to the North Circular in October. It means it will cost you £12.50 a day to drive your Vincent inside the zone or alternatively the London Mayor will give you a £1000 scrapage for your bike. :eek:

Is anyone here affected by this extension of the Zone?, If so how will you deal with it?

Chris Launders

VOC Member
So what do you do, just ride in and hope you don't get a fine or is there some process (my sister lives in Clerkenwell) and it's well past time I visited her.

Magnetoman

VOC Member
I understand that post-2007 motorcycles are exempt but, personally, a full-size motorcycle wouldn't be my choice for traveling within London. Or any vehicle, for that matter. I'm curious, how many VOC members live inside the North Circular Road and keep their Vincents at their homes?

Prince Duster

VOC Member
I live just outside the proposed ULEZ North/South circular extension and did ride into London a fair bit before the lock-down. As Simon says, historic vehicles are exempt. So, my bikes are - and the car. But they are now charged in the Congestion Charge, after being exempt for a while. There's an emerging market in pre-1981 cars as those within the zone, including one of west London crew, look at minimising any charges. But - Khan won the recent Mayor election by much less than he expected. He had a fright. There's a lot of anger about his traffic policies - endless and under-used cycles lanes, low traffic neighbourhoods - and I do wonder whether the ULEZ extension will get delayed.
David L