Loctite of the ages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I think we all have our Favourite Hammer , Mine's a 2 lb job for this kind of thing.
Just like at the Factory in the 50s :D .

Attachments

• IMGP4678.JPG
    IMGP4678.JPG
    679.5 KB · Views: 32

vibrac

VOC Member
I am also going to add a 12mm thread to the extractor head so it all else fails I will make a slide hammer with some allthread
Tomorrow when its cooler I will make the MK2 tool

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
No, I have fooled you Peter, That was 5 years ago, I have gone down hill a bit since then,
Blank out a few of those teeth, But still got my hair :D .
Can't tell you how many times the Wife askes if I have finished the 560,
I told Her I had been out on my NEW L/ning, But it was only a new seat and "D" centre stand,
Looks like a new bike to me.

Sakura

Non-VOC Member
Geez Bill, I can remember removing a few flywheels off mini's years ago........They use to come off with a bang.......The worst one was the boss inherited an Austin 1300 auto and I can't remember for the life of me how I got that one apart.........All I had was Mini's when i did my apprenticeship......... I remember doing a "Home job" on a relatives Mini.........we lifted the engine out by hand........madness.
Exactly the same experiences here!! I was also sent on the Mini/1100 Auto course. After a week the jaded instructor's advice was " leave it to the Main Dealer, you lot, working in dirty ( insert suitable expletive) garages will never get them to work again!" He was probably right, fortunately I never had to find out. Also remember fitting new rings to 1800's, British Leyland wouldn't agree to a warranty claim if they were doing more than 300 miles per pint! Shades of Vincent. How times have changed. I haven't added any oil between services in 30+ years.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I got a cloth badge for being a Austin Morris Man, The only thing I ever had, It was done by post !, I never went anywhere, When I worked for an Austin Dealer.
The Allegrow ? with the square steering wheel !. All Rubbish.

greg brillus

VOC Member
I still recon a hotted up "A" series Mini is the best sounding 4 cylinder car engine of all time........Now I am mad as a Hatter but i know my favorite sounds.......Anyone get goosebumps when a Spit or Mustang does a low fly over.........;)

Robert Watson

VOC Member
OK here we go again ---- sideways.

A few years ago we were at a small airport in northern Washington state (Concrete - name of the town not the construction of the runway) and Tony Cording and I had fueled up the Vincents and were waiting for a couple of others when I heard it. A very short while later the P51 came over the runway a couple of hundred feet off the deck gave a 360 barrel roll and flew off. When I heard it again I said to Tony "Here he comes again" I was wrong, It was a Spitfire, did the same thing. They were from Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen's collection based just outside of Seattle.

I am having a flashback for you Greg!

Good times

Status
Not open for further replies.