FF: Forks Little things - Girdraulic Pad Bolts

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Although generally a philistine I do like rivet counting sometimes o_O . I am presently putting a set of standard Girdraulics together and noticed something in MO63. There are two pad bolts FF43 and FF43/1 and the long one FF43/1 is longer to hold the speedo bracket that is fitted to I guess the Rapide and the Comet (offside) it appears on MO63 that the long one (/1) is fitted pointing forward (nut at the front) to secure the bracket and the short nearside is neatly pointing rearward (nut at the back) now as an aside I cant remember ever seeing anything but nuts to the front as that matches the FF42 on the lower link. but the real puzzle is this the parts list shows 1 of each over the whole range even though the shadow doesn't have that speedo bracket and I would have thought logically it would quote 2 FF43,. but then logic is sometimes missing in mans design.

mercurycrest

VOC Member
The parts list is a bit like the bible. You can't believe everything you read.

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you
clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

vibrac

VOC Member
Although I have supplied my favorite Bible quote and so are as guilty as the next man. I was expecting some of the 'is your miller realight stamping correct' crowd to clarify my initial observations on the parts list we are I feel lads (and lassies) straying into difficult territory let us return fo Pad bolt orientation....

vibrac

VOC Member
Additional confusion page 41 of the Riders Handbook shows the nuts both at the front and the implication of the drum sketch its not a Shadow but the speedo bracket is not shown........
The votes are piling up against M063 shall we ask for a re count?