Liphook and Brooklands - what's going on with the weather!!

BlackLightning998

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Brooklands simply superb....

Evening all,

Well, it started cold and damp and before everyone else tells the Forum - I wimped out from riding today!! It looked like serious rain but it didn't come. Peter Bromberg managed nearly 200 miles each way and put me to shame.

I took the metal box (sorry) to Brooklands for the Centenary Motorcycle Day - what a superb event, loads of superb ex-racing machines being given a blast including 3 HRD's. Vincent Owners put on an unofficial display and there were 20 or so Vincents there I guess, a Meteor and Series A Rapide through Sprinting Comet, Parkin Comet, Viscount to Comet's, B and C Rapides and Shadow's. Velocette Owners had their club stand next door and the VMCC had a big stand too. Indian Owners were opposite and there were one or two other single make clubs represented.

Highlight of the day for me was watching J. Young on a 500 Jap (ex Speedway engine) riding "Test Hill" so enthusiastically he had both wheels off the ground big time when he crested the top of the hill.

Around lunch time the sun managed to burn through and then it was a very pleasant t-shirt afternoon with several VOC members saying it was the most interesting event they had ever attended.

Thanks to Eric and Vic for hospitality and friendship - very well done at short notice when Brooklands asked you to help out.

Brooklands management were apparently very pleased with the day, even considering it as an annual event.

Loads of super photo's to upload, will wait to organise a Brooklands section for them.

I'm really glad Liphook went well too and was blessed with good weather.

Stuart

deejay499

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Liphook

Hi all. We went to Liphook on the shadow outfit. Day started overcast and it was misty, but the sun came out while we were there and made it very pleasant. There was a good turn out with loads of Vincents. A good day, ride No.18 this year.:D