Liphook and Brooklands - what's going on with the weather!!

BlackLightning998

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
It's the Liphook Meet on Sunday at the Deer Hut, and Brooklands Motorcycling Event too, so what's with the weather.

Last year Liphook was shorts and t-shirt weather, tonight it's cold, the forecast says it is likely to freeze tonight and not get much better between now and Sunday - uggh.

So it looks like we'll need to be well wrapped up if we head out on the bikes!

Safe trip to all.

Stuart

VinParts

Non-VOC Member
Stafford Show.

Just took a look outside and it is snowing. Not going to Liphook but will be at Stafford next weekend on both days as I am camping. If anyone wants to meet up for a chat/drink then let me know, better still ring with your parts order and I will bring it to the show.

Russ

Tracey Tilley

VOC Member
Liphook and Stafford

We are definitely going to Stafford on the Sunday, 1st time in quite a few years.Taking a mate who has just bought his first classic bike a 1950 something A10.
Russ,will you have a stand there?

We also intend to get to Liphook but it does look like a wet day here in Wales.Hampshire apparently will have some sun.:)

Comet Rider

VOC Member
Staford

Hi Russ,
See you Saturday, around lunchtime for a drink or two. Say 1ish near the Vincent stand, offers open to John and Pete as well.

Neil & the Cambridge Mafia:D

G

Graham Smith

Having spent the day sunbathing in Sunny Kent this afternoon, I wondered if many people were planning on visiting Liphook tomorrow, and what we might expect weather-wise?

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
I'm keen to get out on the Vincent....

Hi Graham,
I've been looking forward to going for months - that and All Fools are the first couple of outings of the year.

I missed All Fools - didn't fancy the snow and I got absolutely drenched riding to Ace Cafe for the British Classic Day last Sunday. It has rained all day long here at the South end of Buckinghamshire today - and cold too, never really above 8 degrees.

I'm desperately keen to get out and go tomorrow - but the cold and rain make the prospect pretty unpleasant.

I may put an anorak on, get in the metal box and head for Brooklands.......

Roll on some decent weather.

Are you planning on riding down to Liphook?

Regards

Stuart

Tracey Tilley

VOC Member
Soft Southerners?

We will be there, whatever the weather.( barring disasters & punctures)

Oi, Stuart the bike is waterproof,go for it! :) Ever heard of Goretex?

Just think about the organiser, he has to turn up whatever the weather.
Been there & got the T shirt.

See you tomorrow!:)

Tracey Tilley

VOC Member
Great Day

Well, we're home.311 miles on the clock.

The weather was fantastic, dry ,sunny and warm at Liphook. A bit foggy as we left Wales this morning but no rain at all.:)

A great run, past Bath and Stonehenge on the way down and back through Devizes and Melksham.
The only problem we had was the volume on the Garmin GPS is too quiet so navigation was by luck most of the time.

So Stafford show next weekend and the Severn Rally the weekend after that. I love springtime!