Lights

rapcom

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Oops, I shot myself in the foot. I forgot to allow for the different engine RPM at the same road speed. Perhaps if I say that I was referring to the same engine RPM giving lower dynamo/alternator RPM I'll be forgiven ?

timetraveller

VOC Member
Alternator Kits for Vincents

Can I emphasize what RapCom has written. If you do not care about original looks then fit a car alternator kit and forget any previous limitations that you have experienced. I use indicators, coil ignitions, a 130/90 watt headlight bulb and on a twin never see a discharge. The same bike with a Bell conversion used to show a 6 to 8 amp discharge on slow country lane corners with only a 60 watt headlight. Dick Sherwin also has, in addition to my equipment. heated grips, heated gloves, heated waistcoat and possibly even a heated willy warmer. With everything switched on at the same time the full load is balanced at 2,000 rpm. About 40 of these car alternator kits have now been fitted. The alternator used gives 400 watts and in addition is not a permanent magnet type so it does not generate current that is not needed. Compare that with the alternatives. Contact RapCom or me for more details.

VinParts

Non-VOC Member
Lot's of power.

I to have one on my twin. If it flashes, honks, gives sparks, keeps me warm, plays IL Divo as I ride and tell's me that I have just done a wrong turn then I have it on my bike and with a Walker/Sherwin kit I have power to spare.
A truly top class product.

Russ.
PS, make mine a pint norm :D

minivin

VOC Member
Picture of a Comet/Meteor Sherwin/Walker alternator for those that may have not seen one:
DSCF1741.jpg

p.s. mines a pint of IPA Norman:D

nkt267

VOC Member
The alternator I fitted on my Comet chucks out 50Amps if you need it.Similar looking set up to minivins.Everything working and 2Amp charge at 30 mph.I'd like to know how he gets all those gears in a Burman box?;)

Last edited:

minivin

VOC Member
I'd like to know how he gets all those gears in a Burman box?;)

Not quite Burman, but still British, they're gears out of an LT77 Land Rover gearbox that I had stripped and was in the process of converting for fitting into my Series III Long Wheel Base:cool: