• New Member Special Offer

Join the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club today, and get a special offer of 14 months for the price of 12 (your membership will expire on 31st December 2020)!

There is a mass of information, including many thousands of technical articles which have been written since the Club started in 1948, which are only available to Members of the Club. Once you join, your membership of this forum will be upgraded and you'll get access to them, as well as many other features.

To join, simply click HERE and follow the simple instructions.

Ron and Linda Thomas - Membership Secretaries.
  • Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

Misc: Everything Else Lights

timetraveller

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
Don't be surprised if you get flashed by oncoming traffic and note that their lights will almost certainly be brighter than yours. I would be very careful after dark with that light distribution.

Marcus Bowden

VOC Member
My Sunbeam only has acetylene an if it gets dark I'll turn on my LED push bike lights that are better than the Vincent lights. but will try the acetylene

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
It's on my 1929 Sunbeam...I'm not likely to have it out in the dark ;) :D
Fair enough John, But how is this stuff for sale , Without the black tape they need.
I was a MOT man, And I would Fail it !.
One of my Bikes just has a battery, I don't go out in the dark any more.

nkt267

VOC Member
I think it will be better once it has been adjusted down a bit..but isn't the cut off governed by the lens..I must look at this cheapo indian headlamp again..Couldn't afford the genuine ones as they change hands a £500+ even the good copies are over £500..

vin998

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
The problem with LED headlight bulbs is they seem to be very sensitive to the focal point of the lens where as standard fillament bulbs are not. If the are in the wrong focal point then you can get all sorts of strange dip to main beam patterns or on one I tried I couldn't see any difference in beam shape at all, it just got brighter.

Simon

nkt267

VOC Member
I'm waiting for some info from one of our Suffolk members who got an LED from a company in Devon..He reckons it's performance is better than a standard bulb and has good dip to the left and beam cutoff..

vibrac

VOC Member
There is a company called Devon 4x4 who show lots of 7" led reflectors for land rovers is that a coincidence?
Lights are one area I need advice on I have enough trouble sorting 7" and 6-1/2" sizes out when they are mentioned here

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I am told, People who live in the New Forest, Drive on Main beam all the time, Because Cows stand still in the middle of the road ! :) , And you don't want to hit one of those.

bmetcalf

VOC Member
As Churchill said, "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result. " I can tell you that driving past a moose in the next lane at night at 60 mph is about the same.

b'knighted

VOC Member
A friend was riding home after visiting me on Exmoor when a red deer stag leapt out from the right and jumped diagonally over him leaving a muddy smear on his shoulder and helmet. He said that that was when he discovered that adrenaline is brown.

mercurycrest

VOC Member
A friend was riding home after visiting me on Exmoor when a red deer stag leapt out from the right and jumped diagonally over him leaving a muddy smear on his shoulder and helmet. He said that that was when he discovered that adrenaline is brown.
Come around a blind corner and meet a Herd of Roosevelt Elk... and you'll find it's not only brown, but has splotches of yellow in it!