• For any queries related to registration, engine numbers, frame numbers or buying a Vincent motorcycle, the only Club Officials who have access to all the Factory (Works) Records up to 1954 (including dispatch records) and worldwide ownership details gathered by the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club since 1948 are Simon Dinsdale (Machine Registrar) and Jonathan Lambley (Machine Researcher).

Never rely on Certificates of Authenticity or Dating Certificates issued years ago, nor information provided by sellers. You should always satisfy yourself that you know what you're buying before you bid/buy. Always do your own due diligence.

Simon and Jonathan can be contacted by following THIS LINK.
  • Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

Lightning racing rearsets

litnman

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
Does anyone know who the seller of these part is? Item is posted as new but appear to be used. There's no passing email contact info with ebay.

vibrac

VOC Member
They look reasonably correct I am not sure what the chocolate finger is on the outside of the brake pivot is
I made mine to the drawings that Eddie Stevens did in his in MPH about 25 years ago the ends of the footrests would not be acceptable on the track today it's just clever reuse of standard components a little turning and brazing a very good and adaptable design

timetraveller

VOC Member
I had a batch of the plates CNCd several years ago. Both sides, plates only. are in stock. I have no idea what I paid at the time so if you are interested let us haggle. I do not have the footrests etc. or the cylindrical spacer to go behind the kick starter side plate but that is easy to make..

litnman

VOC Member
"chocolate finger is on the outside of the brake pivot" Not sure what you are saying there.
I'm trying to get a contact number or email address to get firsthand information from seller. Does anyone recognize the name John Weeden?

Cyborg

VOC Member
The shift lever is missing a 3rd adjusting hole for the G79 and the G108/1 usually have another hole. The rest of the shift linkage looks correct. Not sure about the right side foot peg, but mostly looks the part. Given the way the pegs were made I suppose there would be variations.

peter holmes

VOC Member
I think John Weeden was a reasonably successful amateur motorcycle racer who at some point became a motorcycle restorer, I think he operated in the Midlands of the UK and quite a few of his restorations went through the hands of Atlantic Motorcycles, cue for Albervin to comment.

Last edited:

peter holmes

VOC Member
Yes, there is a little about him on the internet, he restored a Black Shadow sold by Bonhams a few years ago, it would seem that he has now retired and is living in Spain.