C: Clutch Lighter Clutch Control Level Comet

alscomet

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Well Venhill say not to. I will leave it un-lubricated for now,another theory is to fit new bonded friction plates which should give more grip which in turn would mean I could slacken off the springs slightly to thus making
the clutch lever a little easier.
Going onto clutch plates Draganfly in Norfolk sell their 3X/M1 plates for £26.34 inc vat they spec up just the same as the clubs plates, any comments has anyone tried them?

Sakura

Non-VOC Member
Yes, the conventional reply is not to lubricate. I have done it for years with good results. I can't see how oil can affect nylon? All I can say is it makes an easier pull, I always make my own cables so if I had a problem with an oiled one, making a new one would have been relatively cheap.

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
I use grease on them, and by the dear lord, have i done some cables....
For brakes as wellllll.

Thing is with oil or grease, road dirt will be picked up.
So wear is sooner.

Mmm now come thinking of it.
Why do i do so many cables....
Anyway i did about 60T km with one clutch cable.
And as you might find that not a lot.
In my defense i can say its a 5 speed gbox

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
When my hands are bad, I find rubbing "Germolene " Slight Anaesthetic , On them is a bit better, The times I get a mile down the road on the Bike and say , Sod it , Forgot again !.

erik

VOC Member
008.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

erik

VOC Member
I hope it is clearly visible .I have fitted dust gaiters to the levers on the handlebar.This keeps the oiled nyloc cables clean and free from water.Kedo a shop for Yamaha parts is selling them for some €s.