Life's Bitter Disappointments

riptragle1953

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
After all these years, I'm still waiting for Quinn the Eskimo to get back..... and of course I've never seen anything like him: having not seen
him at all.

nkt267

VOC Member
But when he gets there you won't be able to see him as all the pigeons gonna run to him..Unless you're a pigeon.

carlm

Non-VOC Member
Are we goin' on a trip? This website thinks Quinn the Eskimo was a cartoon figure of a hooded eskimo imprinted on blotters of LSD: http://evans-experientialism.freewebspace.com/quinntheesquimo.htm

In a semi- related vein, Anthony Quinn starred in a late 1950's early 1960's movie as an eskimo. Oddly enough, none of the supporting actors and actresses were Inuit either. They were all Japanese or Chinese.

Oh well. Feed your head!
Carl

riptragle1953

Non-VOC Member
History, not acid.

The first big cinema interest in Eskimos was "Nanook of the North" - 1922
Allow me to borrow from Google:
"In this silent-film predecessor to the modern documentary, filmmaker Robert J. Flaherty spends one year following the lives of Nanook and his family, Inuit Eskimos living in the Arctic Circle."
Trivia: Anthony Quinn was married to Cecil B. DeMilllle's daughter. One day their child wandered
across DeMille Drive and drowned in W.C. Field's fish pond across the street.
Fields had the pond removed and filled in and never spoke of this again.

carlm

Non-VOC Member
According to google under Quinn the Eskimo: Bob Dylan said it referred to Anthony Quinn starring in the 1960 movie The Savage Innocents.
under The Savage Innocents: Bob Dylan was inspired by Anthony Quinn in his role as an eskimo.

Although I always kind of thought that was the case, I really like the theory about the imprint on blotter acid.
Cheers