Life's Bitter Disappointments

carlm

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I think I might have. Back in nineteen ought fifty something they used to show us films like that in school. Or maybe it was one of Canada's National Film Board documentaries.

Howard

VOC Member
You're looking in the wrong place - he changed his name to Quinn the Inuit in the 1990s (PC) :)

H

riptragle1953

Non-VOC Member
What a lousy deal this is...... Bobby Zimmerman said himself Quinn was coming here.
Now if you think I'm going out looking for Quinn: forget it. That wasn't the deal.
Besides, I hate snow.

mr.hutch

VOC Member
I get the feeling I'm on a non starter here, But has everybody forgoten Anthony Quin in 'La Strada', Fellini's brilliant film of 1954, his travelling home being a large trike affair powered by I suspect a harley of ex wd origin, most likely ex US army, in a period of extreem poverty, for the most part. Facinating stuff.

riptragle1953

Non-VOC Member
Sorry to say I never saw that movie.
But, something else has been bugging me ever since "carlm" (above) mentioned the blotter acid with Quinn the Eskimo on them.
Maybe it's a chicken or egg thing but was the blotter REALLY Quin ..... or did Dylan get the idea for the song from the blotter????

A-BCD

Non-VOC Member
Hey Rip, how is 'Big Sid' these days ??
RipsNewToy.jpg