• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

Let me rephrase this--help please

PonoBill

New Website User
Non-VOC Member
Does anyone have any idea where I can get a kickstart lever or what a feasible replacement lever might be. Alternatively I could use just the splined bit, I can weld and replate the lever I have.

john998

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
Kick start

Hello, I think the spline on the comet Kick start is the same. Regards John.

ogrilp400

VOC Member
Hi,
If you already have a lever then it is possible to have it repaired/re-splined.

Phelps.

alscomet

VOC Member
kickstart lever

Its just worth a try at this number in England.Sheffield British Motorcycles were a couple of years ago going to make some levers for the Burman Gearbox
he may or may not have done that. John Phelan 01246 290021 its worth a try.

Comet Rider

VOC Member
Hi Ponobill,

Sammy Miller makes a range of after-market kickstarts to fit the Burman gearbox, as used on the Comet. I'm not sure of compatability, but have a quick look at my Comet.

Neil

Attachments

• PICT0006.jpg
    PICT0006.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 31

Hugo Myatt

VOC Member
The VOC Spares Co. sell a non-folding kickstart lever a la Series A. to fit C Comet.
Vin-Parts Int. (i.e. Ron and Russ Kemp) sold me a very nice C Comet style kickstart lever not long ago. I think they still stock them.

Graham Smith

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
If Russell at VinParts doesn't have any of the 'real' ones, I doubt you'll get one anywhere.

As far as I'm aware, he's the one who gets them made for all the suppliers.

Latest Forum Threads

Can't Find What You Need?

Buyer Beware: Fake or Real?