learning all the time !

Sakura

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Far more versatile than just a load restraint. I've seen them used in many different ways including pulling a slightly bent frame into line to fit engine plate bolts (don't ask!)

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I have had a few old rusty ones, But never really knew how to work them, But just got a nice pair with my new Bike / ATV lift. So good to have good instruction. Cheers Bill.

Mike 40M

VOC Member
I did it as done in the video for many years. Until my son who has been driving heavy trucks/lorries for a decade told me it was the wrong way to do it.

Mike 40M

VOC Member
According to my son, it's about how you route the free end. There can for example be problems when you load in rain. Then temperature goes down, the strap freezes and you get problems when unloading. In this video
it is shown briefly, but that guy don't prefer it. Anyway, I think that video gives more useful hints. It also briefly shows one-piece ratchet straps, which I mostly use when I transport motorcycles, especially Vincents. Kinder to the paint. The hooks on the usual two-piece straps are often hard to attach to a bike. But you can make a loop by hooking the hooks together. Not practical on a Vincent though, where you strap the RFM.

Last edited: