Latest Forum Software v2.2.0: Profile Banners

G

Graham Smith

The latest release of our forum software that we upgraded to this week adds a collection of great new features, and I'll be introducing them to you over the next few days…

First up is Profile Banners:
Screenshot 2020-10-02 at 19.34.18.jpg

The old, familiar user profile header. So... blue... so... familiar. If a user wants to make their profile look better than before, they just need to click the "Edit profile banner" button to be presented with an overlay which allows them to browse for and upload an image of their choice from their device.

After uploading, the image is now displayed in the user profile header. Much fancier.

Screenshot 2020-10-02 at 19.35.24.jpg

Of course, there may be more interesting parts of the image to display, so you can change the focal point of the banner by clicking "Edit profile banner". All you need to do is click/touch and drag to reposition it to a different part of the image.

Screenshot 2020-10-02 at 19.38.36.jpg

Much fancier.

Screenshot 2020-10-02 at 19.38.56.jpg

Of course the same pizazz has also been applied to the member tooltip too:

Screenshot 2020-10-02 at 19.40.05.jpg

And that's it...! For this feature, at least...

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Funny I have just pressed the dots on the top left of my Huawei,
And a whole lot of options come up, I didn't know were there,
New threads old threads etc.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Tim , It must have been the Norton Forks !.

Took a few goes but the HRD sign has come up on my phone Graham,
Did what the bloke from Canada said, I will try it in the morning, To see what it does,
Cheers Bill.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Graham, I don't know what you have done or how to use it,
But It's GOOD, I was put off by all the lines and letters and photos of water falls !!.
But I don't have any of that, Just a well set up Forum.
Cheers Bill.
Before, I don't think I set up the phone to use the Forum, Only to reply when in the garage,
Because my phone is setup the same as my Computer, It tells me only if a Thread I am on gets another post.
But now I have an APP :D .
Ah Have now found the BIG Key pad, All making sense now.

Last edited: