• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

For Sale Latest Chuckle

Albervin

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
For that price I would expect genuine tail light,levers, ammeter, rims, paint and Stevenage air in the tyres. Sadly, you will probably get none of them. The choke levers look wrong for a start.
How would you get on with trying to insure a bike at £20,000 above market price. Yes. I know market price is what you pay but when was the last time a Rapide sold for this price? I bought a shabby matching numbers C Shadow in running order last year for nearly £20,000 less. That is a lot of fettling money!!!!!!!!

clevtrev

VOC Member
For that price I would expect genuine tail light,levers, ammeter, rims, paint and Stevenage air in the tyres. Sadly, you will probably get none of them. The choke levers look wrong for a start.
How would you get on with trying to insure a bike at £20,000 above market price. Yes. I know market price is what you pay but when was the last time a Rapide sold for this price? I bought a shabby matching numbers C Shadow in running order last year for nearly £20,000 less. That is a lot of fettling money!!!!!!!!
I wonder what the role of the centrestand is ?

vibrac

VOC Member
Not an ebay but a scam
As many of you know I am rebuilding a Difazio hub centre BMW 'in the background' of my workshop, its a long term project and I have a blog about it on the web.
Today I get an email offering me parts for a Difazio saying send him a list of what I want and he will price it as he is breaking one, oh and send me your postal address.
Now there are only about 50 of these bikes and apart from the front end they were all based on common existing bikes of the time (mine is a R75/6) so they are precious to aficionados as bikes, but pretty low value as parts, so I sent him a technical question easily verified if he had one of them in his shed.
He sent me back a repeat e-mail plus to show he was genuine a picture of the bike he was breaking, it was .... a picture of my bike in my yard the day I bought it, from my web page!

peter holmes

VOC Member
Tell him you are very keen and excited at the prospect of sourcing these very rare parts, as luck would have you are visiting a relative very close to where he lives, would it be OK to simply collect the parts that you require, no quibbles, cash on collection!

vibrac

VOC Member
Not an ebay but a scam
As many of you know I am rebuilding a Difazio hub centre BMW 'in the background' of my workshop, its a long term project and I have a blog about it on the web.
Today I get an email offering me parts for a Difazio saying send him a list of what I want and he will price it as he is breaking one, oh and send me your postal address.
Now there are only about 50 of these bikes and apart from the front end they were all based on common existing bikes of the time (mine is a R75/6) so they are precious to aficionados as bikes, but pretty low value as parts, so I sent him a technical question easily verified if he had one of them in his shed.
He sent me back a repeat e-mail plus to show he was genuine a picture of the bike he was breaking, it was .... a picture of my bike in my yard the day I bought it, from my web page!
And further to that this looks like the same guy the name is similar (NB not the site but the warning it displays)
https://egli-vincent.net/2017/11/05/scam-warning/

druridge

VOC Member
I did wonder if Eddies bike was the Rapide he mentioned (in an old MPH) going bang in a big way?
I dont suppose that would read well in the advert!

Albervin

VOC Member
Anyone notice the price (including premium) for the BS sold at Bonhams Bond Street? I am shocked and stunned. Hopefully there will be no buyer's remorse. £119,000.

Marcus Bowden

VOC Member
Alyn my handsome,
NOT A TOO BAD AN INVESTMENT SO LONG AS YOU DO A PROPER JOB IN THE RESTORATION SIDE OF THINGS, more than double the layout plus of course expenditure in doing the rebuild and time you wouldn’t have spent in the pub and generally pissing it up against the wall, keeping ones health and sanity is not to be sneezed at either. . Better than money in the bank. All in the name too, the registration probably had a little to do with it, just a pity the quality of the crank cases don’t match the price.Yet all the fastest Vincents were originally Rapides, couldn’t imagine the works building Lightnings with reclaimed Rapide cases for Black Shadow. ! Knowing what PCV told me.
Enjoy Alyn, and proper job now,
bananaman.

david bowen

VOC Member
The thing that amazes me is air fares are so cheap these days, why do the interested party fly to see the items, I do then its only me to blame

peter holmes

VOC Member
Anyone notice the price (including premium) for the BS sold at Bonhams Bond Street? I am shocked and stunned. Hopefully there will be no buyer's remorse. £119,000.
Alyn, I doubt very much if there will be any remorse, when you want to invest money your IFA normally asks you how averse to risk you are, in this purchasers case probably not very, worth a punt as they say, and in say 5 years time probably knock it out for £150k still with 60 miles on that beautiful 5 inch Smiths Speedometer. Sadly in a way we have created this situation by keeping our precious bikes on the road, every component is available for a concours rebuild, even down to the indistinguishable from original Feridax badge on the dual seat, it is very easy to make any Vincent look superficially similar to the 1949 Earls Court Show Model, the last owner had it rebuilt and did 60 "shakedown" miles before knocking it out, one would imagine for a very nice profit, sadly they are now a commodity, now where shall I put my money, into Vincents or Bitcoin?
Cynical Pete

david bowen

VOC Member
Not only Vincent BS. have you seen the price E type Jaguars are making sold my 4.2 1964 FHC in 1970 $5000, bought in Luton 1966 2000 pounds, just change hands $150,000, soft tops at same auction $210,000

sidmadrid

VOC Member
An etype is a very pretty car and a deceptively big car to keep nice or restore, they do rot too.
I do enjoy driving mine and the attention it gets.
I can see that sort of value in a good one.

timetraveller

VOC Member
I sold mine earlier this year. It had been laid up under cover for over 20 years since I replaced a gear in the gearbox and re-sprayed it. The people who bought it earn a living by doing total rebuilds and renovations and tell me that when it is finished they will charge between 150 and 220 £k. They have fourteen in storage ready to be worked on.

david bowen

VOC Member
The connection with Vincent and Jaguar was George Buck he died last year he was PCV right hand man 1948 1950 the usual happened fall out with PCV, went to Jaguar hand built the first V12 engine, and was involved the Light weight E Type also weekends raced a Vincent and Triumph outfit also good Friend and Helper to George Brown.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Not only Vincent BS. have you seen the price E type Jaguars are making sold my 4.2 1964 FHC in 1970 $5000, bought in Luton 1966 2000 pounds, just change hands $150,000, soft tops at same auction $210,000
I can't think how the 4.2 is still going, With the sinking trouble they had with the block between the cylinders, The 3.8 was a super engine before they bored them out.
I was glad to see the back of my XJS V12, I could not really afford it, It was low time in my life, And I needed a bit of fun. Cheers Bill.