• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

For Sale Latest Chuckle

johncrispin

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
Thankyou for this,
I agree it is nicely done and if you like these parallel twins one of the more user friendly less vibratory variety I venture to suggest, so probably chosen wisely, although I doubt the "reverse bike" would be so attractive , that type of early fifties BSA unit construction motor/ gearbox unit only came out of plunger frames I think, so putting a t100 motor in that might not be so great?

phil_h

VOC Member
For nostalgia reasons I have a hankering after a Tribsa in touring trim.
So I was interested in this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tribsa-Triumph-T100-BSA-A7-500-1961-fantastic-special/172746502626?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Its looks nicely done........... but its a BSA engine in a Triumph frame!
Perhaps its made from the bits left over after someone built another Tribsa?
I dont know why you're making a fuss about it, after all, its just a load of ... Bumph
(sorry, but couldnt resist)

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
The bsa a7 is a real little sweetie. I restored one in the dim and distant. Parts were non existant then. Nowadays you will need the assistance of your rocking horse! The Ariel brakes are always just junk. Whoever built this either had an A 1 sense of humour , or had very little money. Be careful out there.

peter holmes

VOC Member
Quite a nice looking Norvin advertised on eBay at the moment, the advertiser states "The engine and frame have matching numbers, all new crankcases matched and stamped" Hmmm. caveat emptor.

vibrac

VOC Member
Quite a nice looking Norvin advertised on eBay at the moment, the advertiser states "The engine and frame have matching numbers, all new crankcases matched and stamped" Hmmm. caveat emptor.
Matched to what one wonders? the 1952 Norton ES2 on the V5 or "ABC123"

Len Matthews

VOC Member
I have said it before but I will say it again.

Have a look at the starting price.
Its 10GBP !
Therefore it is the market that determines the sell price not enjoyinvest.

Give the guy a break. All he is guilty of (if guilty is the correct word) is being a very good marketer.
I agree entirety. I have met the vendor in person and found him to be a pleasant chap. He felt rather hurt when the Club did not want him as a member and could not see what was wrong with his legitimate buying and selling activities.

Albervin

VOC Member
I agree entirety. I have met the vendor in person and found him to be a pleasant chap. He felt rather hurt when the Club did not want him as a member and could not see what was wrong with his legitimate buying and selling activities.
Len I am not sure how old the post is you refer to. I went back over a year. There are two people I know of who have been "blackballed" by the club. Both posted quite dubious "wanted" notices in the motorcycle press. If you want to go in and bat for your man I am sure you will receive a fair hearing.

peter holmes

VOC Member
One of our West London members, Colin, fell foul of one of these two chaps, not 100% sure which person it was so will not name them, but Colin responded to a wanted add in MPH for Vincent wheels, Colin sold the wheels for a very fair, shall we say altruistic price, only to see them sold for large profit on Ebay, this was not an isolated case. When I subscribed to Old Bike Mart, the same chap had an advert running every month for desirable Vincent parts, whilst also listing the same parts on Ebay, I see nothing wrong with the Old Bike wanted adverts, but perhaps rather naively I think when using MPH he should have included in his wanted advert that he had no intention of using the parts, and his only need for the parts was to sell them for a fat profit, if he had done that he would in all probability still be a club member, although I doubt he would have bought or sold much.

vin998

VOC Member
https://wesellclassicbikes.co.uk/bikes/511
Not e-bay but a wild stab at the investor market. Sadly it is exploiting the Eddie Stevens legacy when in reality there is not much of EMG Stevens left in this bike.
According to the old council logbook which a previous owner sent me a copy of, Eddie Stevens only owned the bike for around 6 month maximum. It is nothing to do with the Eddie Stevens Rapide in Know Thy Beast.

Simon