• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

For Sale Latest Chuckle

A_HRD

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
The carb has completely the wrong float chamber - mostly used on Norton 16H and Lister Industrial Petrol engines. Never on Vincents (wrong brass fitting at the bottom). I wrote and told him...

Peter B

Albervin

VOC Member
Having just rebuilt an original Vincent seat I would offer him £40 for what he has, mainly for the framework. The base is rubbish and the hump and tray slider missing. Make that £30.

vibrac

VOC Member
The spindle , bearings and triangular 'growth' from the anchor post all shouts Non Vincent application- unless of course it was a racing version of the EMC that also used Vincent front wheels;). cleverly worded advert about the stevenage parts. Magnesium that old without paint....?

chankly bore

VOC Member
The spindle , bearings and triangular 'growth' from the anchor post all shouts Non Vincent application- unless of course it was a racing version of the EMC that also used Vincent front wheels;). cleverly worded advert about the stevenage parts. Magnesium that old without paint....?
Bearings and spacers possibly 1952 variants when tapered rollers were unavailable. Possibly useful cams, arms and serrated washers. The rest is for junk-unless one of our American high-end rebuilders is creating a trailer queen.

peter holmes

VOC Member

Len Matthews

VOC Member
The same person is selling a Villiers con rod for £9.99, perhaps they just inadvertently put the decimal point in the wrong place when listing the brake plates, magnesium brake plates of that age are worth no more than that.
Bearings and spacers possibly 1952 variants when tapered rollers were unavailable. Possibly useful cams, arms and serrated washers. The rest is for junk-unless one of our American high-end rebuilders is creating a trailer queen.
Definitely not a Vincent wheel spindle.

vibrac

VOC Member
Metric replacements because of the first Korean war (just in case a second has started by the time you you read this) are available to buy and also to look at on the Vincent Spares website and they are tapered

david bowen

VOC Member
Magnesium correct part numbers in there day very expensive, George Browns Cadwell special would have had a s set up like this as he used A Brampton forks, I am told you would not use very old Magnesium very fragile ?

david bowen

VOC Member
A, TTR forks then late 1948 the Cadwell Special had Girdraulics fitted ? so the old parts went somewhere,

Marcus Bowden

VOC Member
I too have sets of magnesium plates but would not use them on a working bike as I saw one disintegrate riding behind Herve' Le Manac on a bend to the FIM in Barcelona, the Lord boys joined us and had a pick nick that Christine knocked up whilst on the mountain passes, while Dick Powell, Herve' and myself took my back wheel out took a brake plate and put it in Herve's "D" Rap I had the remains as a spacer for my bike. single rear brake works better anyway why ?

chankly bore

VOC Member
Metric replacements because of the first Korean war (just in case a second has started by the time you you read this) are available to buy and also to look at on the Vincent Spares website and they are tapered
Just so you know I'm not trying to be contentious; "A few machines were fitted non-adjustable ball bearings (SKF RLS6 or equivalent) retained by a screwed ring or circlip, in conjunction with a plain roller bearing ET94, identical to the small timing side mainshaft bearing. The hub and the axle are special components requiring various spacers listed in the 1952 Spares List Supplement and now unobtainable". K.T.B. page 44. Ball bearing was listed as H22/2, and the spacers may have been H59-H59/3 inclusive, hub body may have been H38/7 or H38/9. I have seen one of these hubs, but in a moment of tactile aberration I forgot my instruments of mensuration.

davidd

VOC Member
I have never seen one, but I mentioned this to someone and he said he had this set-up on his bike. Well said.

I do like the way the seller has assembled everything in one photo! It is inspiring.

David