• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

For Sale Latest Chuckle

vibrac

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
I think we need a permanent entry point in Public Access for comments on e-bay items.
a little knowledge is a dangerous thing we could help a lot of first timers

1660bob

VOC Member
£1100+ ??????- shillbidding methinks..........Surprising what you can do to the "value" of something if you screw it to a block of wood.Perhaps its Genuine Vincent Wood?

Albervin

VOC Member
I am afraid, very afraid, that investors like enoyinvest! He supplies top grade, original Vincent items, there can be no doubt about that. Those who have bought bikes with the sole intention of "buying" awards at top flight concours events will always pay for such items. It is loose change for them and when their bikes have all these awards the value of said bikes will be well beyond the average machine. People like enjoyinvest and Herb Harris look after this market well. Kurtis just breaks bikes. I have built a near concours 8" headlight with all original Miller equipment over the last few years. It has cost me (maybe) $$300 and half of that was to re-silver the reflector. I guess at the price of the "little" headlight it must be "worth" at least $2000 to someone but it is going on my bike. Much as we may like to "hate" these dealers, they can only survive when people pay these prices. It is also interesting to note that while the prices of standard bikes has plateaued and even fallen, the parts have risen in price, this makes breaking them even more lucrative. I have become quite sanguine about this because I am a curmudgeon:) Time to stop before my bile boils over.... PS. The person who passes these postings to enyoyinvest will note I have not denigrated (nor praised) him. Please tell him not to ring me again as I admit I am a sad, twisted excuse of a human being.....:rolleyes:

vibrac

VOC Member
If you can explain, I can try and do it.
A thread solely for Ebay items? Or just enjoyinvest and Kurtis?
its a fuction of the web master I just think a regular fixed theme of comments on ebay offerings when they occur would be of interest and guidance to those joining Vincent ownership

Robert Watson

VOC Member
So what does ex-shop stock mean????? Parts are bought from the Spares Co or some other source? That would mean they ARE reproductions, and therefore not as described.

Just askin'

Shanghai

VOC Member
I have said it before but I will say it again.

Have a look at the starting price.
Its 10GBP !
Therefore it is the market that determines the sell price not enjoyinvest.

Give the guy a break. All he is guilty of (if guilty is the correct word) is being a very good marketer.

Albervin

VOC Member
That is how much my first Comet cost!! Then again, it had no original Miller lights on it :)

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
That takes me back, Those papers of a bloke stripping a twin engine was Ted from Conways, I took that motor apart the day befor so he could do it with his fingers !!, I am feeling Old !! Cheers Bill.

Len Matthews

VOC Member
Shanghai is quite right. I recently sold an item on eBay which went for far more than I anticipated. I'm pleased and so, I hope, is the successful bidder. The proceeds from the sale financed two new tyres for my outfit. Good result!

Last edited:

redbloke1956

Non-VOC Member
I am a little torn by this particular concept, I agree totally with Shanghai but...
1. I hate the thought of someone stripping down a perfectly good Vin for parts and
2. It is quite possible that these parts may bring more than one Vincent back on the road again.

Some are saying that the parts are going to rich collectors who return a bike to its former glory and then leave it in a museum, big assumptions!!

I am sure that if I had a near complete bike that required a part made of Unobtanium that could only be machined by the Great Grandfather of a Buddhist Monk wearing a Kaftan and living in Shropshire then I might just sell one of my children for that particular component.

Howard

VOC Member
"TOTALLY COMPLETE READY TO FIT TO YOUR BIKE" .................... how can he be so sure? Anyone would think he'd just taken them off a perfectly good bike. :)
The silly thing is, if you forget it's another Vin broken for profit, the price is about right - the water excluders are £50 and the PD32 ain't cheap if you can find one, before you get into the cost of painted rims etc...
I'm just curious about one thing, I don't remember seeing Kurtis advertise an engine (maybe that's me).

Redbloke - if that Buddist Monk is still wearing his Kaftan he'll need a good brazer soon - it's starting to get chilly round the nether regions over in Shropshire.

H

Last edited:

Len Matthews

VOC Member
I am a little torn by this particular concept, I agree totally with Shanghai but...
1. I hate the thought of someone stripping down a perfectly good Vin for parts and
2. It is quite possible that these parts may bring more than one Vincent back on the road again.

Some are saying that the parts are going to rich collectors who return a bike to its former glory and then leave it in a museum, big assumptions!!

I am sure that if I had a near complete bike that required a part made of Unobtanium that could only be machined by the Great Grandfather of a Buddhist Monk wearing a Kaftan and living in Shropshire then I might just sell one of my children for that particular component.
Knowing "Enjoyinvest" personally, I doubt if he dismantles Vincents for spares. On the other hand, looking at the photos of the items offered by Kurtis on eBay would suggest that he may well be breaking complete (and potentially roadworthy) machines.

Albervin

VOC Member
"TOTALLY COMPLETE READY TO FIT TO YOUR BIKE" .................... how can he be so sure? Anyone would think he'd just taken them off a perfectly good bike. :)
The silly thing is, if you forget it's another Vin broken for profit, the price is about right - the water excluders are £50 and the PD32 ain't cheap if you can find one, before you get into the cost of painted rims etc...
I'm just curious about one thing, I don't remember seeing Kurtis advertise an engine (maybe that's me).

Redbloke - if that Buddist Monk is still wearing his Kaftan he'll need a good brazer soon - it's starting to get chilly round the nether regions over in Shropshire.

H

Yup, sold a complete Comet engine and gearbox for £5,000. It was still part of a complete bike when advertised.