Las Vegas Auction

Lazlobassett

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone was planning on attending the antique motorcycle sale in Vegas january 8, 9 & 10? I am going out, had a notice from the AMCA that they were looking to people to volunteer to help out, pushing bikes about and the like I guess. Work is typically calm in January so I figured why not? Then I thought further and thought to post here and see if any VOC folks would be out. Here is a link to the bikes presently consigned: http://www.midamericaauctions.com/showauction.asp?ID=110

There are few Vincents...

Cheers!

Matt Picaro
Peoples Republic of New Jersey

Tom Gross

New Forum User
VOC Member
Hello Comrade Matt,

There will be several folks from Southern California coming up to Vegas for the auction. Find one, and you'll probably find them all. Greg McBride will be there selling his Falcone with sidecar. Bill Melvin, Derry Naylor, Bob Mitchell, Mitch Talcove, Thomas Harper and others are likely attendees. Please do Mr. Farrell, and all of us a favor and take down the numbers of all the Vincents being auctioned, engine, UFM, RFM and case mating numbers.

Tom Gross

A_HRD

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Vincents at Las Vegas Auction

FWIW, the 1950 HRD C Rap was auctioned off by Bonhams in Oct 07 - so it hasn't been in the USA for long.

As for the Series A TTR110, it is a complete mystery to me (looks beautiful though). History has it that it was in Canada at one time and got broken up. Then later (1990s), some of its parts got put in to a Meteor frame and it was owned then by 2 well-known people in Canada and the USA. I know who still has the bronze head from it (its a rarity - strange fin pattern). So its odd how it now appears complete and refurbished with a completely different history. Let the Buyer Beware.

PB
Bristol, UK

Robert Watson

VOC Member
The funny finned bronze head I have is from TTR 121 - It is the swiss cheesed bronze head I have that came from the Sparks Bothers TTR 110. This related to me by the previous owner who at one time rescued both TTR 110 and TTR 121 from the mud in the bottom of an unfloored shed in Toronto. I believe this machine at Vegas has no relation to either of the above and appeared at an auction in the UK (Bonhams) a few years ago. I would be interested to see the provenance on it, as I know the owner is convinced it is genuine. I do know that there are two sets of two A Twins with the same engine numbers, so it was not unheard of that duplicate numbers were used.

Robert

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
Thanks to Laslowbasset for the link. some very rare machines. Shame ther's no estimates,or guide prices. I'd like to find out what Cal Rayborn's xr750 makes, also the H-D RR350, both as rare as "rocking horse manure"!Any+all info would be welcome. Thanks in advance,Roy.

Albervin

VOC Member
Thanks to Laslowbasset for the link. some very rare machines. Shame ther's no estimates,or guide prices. I'd like to find out what Cal Rayborn's xr750 makes, also the H-D RR350, both as rare as "rocking horse manure"!Any+all info would be welcome. Thanks in advance,Roy.

Roy, these have been on display for a number of years in my home town of Wollongong, NSW. Australia. The seller, Tony Blain, has a massive collection of NOS parts for Harleys dating back to their beginning. His collection of bikes was originally funded by selling T shirts! I believe he had the sole rights for a certain design & must have sold a lot!:rolleyes: