Lansdowne Classic Championship - Mallory Park

Lansdowne Classic Championship - Mallory Park
Posted by Graham Smith
Mallory Park Racing Circuit (Real Motorsport Ltd), Church Rd, Kirkby Mallory LE9 7QE
Saturday, May 21, 2022 - 09:00 AM
Until: Sunday, May 22, 2022 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
G

Graham Smith

21st - 22nd May 2022

Classic and Modern Motorsport Club

Tickets: https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/malloryparkcircuit

The Classic and Modern Motorsport Club return this May for a double header weekend with the ever popular mix of classic cars. Expect to see a packed weekend of entertainment featuring Intermarque Silhouettes, Super Saloons and Tin Tops.

Ben and Tim Kingham will be there with their Vincent racer - they hope to see some of you there!

MG_0716-scaled.jpg

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
we only got our bottom end back last night ! so its all hands to the rebuild
but our first event is planned to be at Brands Hatch on May 7th-8th a week our so before the above.
That clashes with the Vincent spares AGM but fingers crossed some time this year one weekend will be free for a VOC event
The one in Anglesey is the same date as our 3 generation ride up the Prescott hill climb. Ben on the twin, me on the Grey Flash and grandson (12) supporting Chinese industry on a 175
Here is the whole ball of wax for Lansdowne events, many as part of the CRMC meetings
  • 16–17 April Pembrey
  • 7–8 May Brands Hatch
  • 21–22 May Mallory Park
  • 25–26 June Anglesey
  • 30–31 July Donington Park
  • 6–7 August Cadwell Park
  • 20–21 August Castle Combe
  • 3–4 September Snetterton 200
And we hope to be invited to the Goodwood revival on Sept 16th to 18th as this year the motorcycle eligible dates allow the big Vincent:D

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
This was the line up for Brands Hatch, as well as Ben Kingham riding the Black Shadow in the pre 1955 class, Andrew Glasgow was riding a Norton Manx in the 500cc class, Andy also owns a very nice Touring Black Shadow, and is also a club member.

Attachments

• Lansdowne.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 17

vibrac

VOC Member
I featured Andrews Touring Black Shadow in my book with photos of both sides. Andy told me it is the only surviving one of a batch sent to the Philippines for US servicemen naturally they wanted high bars and fenders, (If you can't have an HD then get somat like it :eek:!" It took a lot of restoring.

Last edited by a moderator:

royrobertson

VOC Member
Very Well Done Ben. Was that very quick Velocette Norton there ridden by Mike Russell? He was so quick at Brands.

ben kingham

VOC Member
The weekend went well, we had 3 x 10 lap races on the "old" Mallory park circuit. Its a small track but fast without the chicanes that were added through the years after the 80's. We were given special dispensation to use the track in its original layout, along with the classic cars.
We had good results: 2 x 1st place and 1 x 2nd in our class.
A 1st in class in race one (results below) on Saturday and 5th overall, our highest place out of the complete grid to date.
There are 4 classes: British Championship, for near original 500cc machines to 1964, Clubman's 500 championship, for "period modified" 500 machines machines to 64, 350 to 64 championship and then ours which is the Pre 1955 Championship, for Goodwood spec original machines to 1000cc, either modified road bikes or GP/race machines.
Bearing in mind that some of the modified Manx's are running Maxton fork internals, belt drive, 6 speed cr gearboxs etc, I was very happy that we could keep up with them and almost match their lap times.
Had a great dice with Duncan Fitchett on his Long Stroke Norton (in same pre 55 class and a Goodwood revival winner, paired with Jeremy McWilliams) in race 2, we must have swapped places 7 or 8 times with the Vincent getting past on the back straight only to be out braked into the hairpin. he beat me to the line by 200ths of a second.

In a bizarre reminder of the world we now live in, each race we started was red flagged after a few laps, whereupon we were reassembled on the grid for a restart, or in the case of the last race, informed the race was over. Was this due to an incident we hadn't witnessed? No, it was because we had exceeded the local councils noise limit for that 30 minute period...

I will post up some pictures when I have some.

Attachments

• race1.pdf
    406.3 KB · Views: 20