Land Rovers and Vincents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldhaven

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I was just wondering how many other Vincent owners also have Land Rovers? I think Glenn Shriver used to
I seem to have been alternating from extreme to the other in two decade rotation, but will now have both obsessions at once to keep me broke.

Ron

Maine Rovers.JPG Out by the the barn.JPG

b'knighted

VOC Member
I learned to drive in a 1950 80", owned seriesII 88, IIA 88, III 109, TD5 Auto Discovery (went a month ago), TD5 Auto Discovery (went today) leaving only a TD5 facelft, manual and a 1959 Series II 88" with 200TDI & power steering - both on galvanised chassis'. These we intend to keep. In the UK pre 1960 machines effectively need only insurance, so the Series II costs a minimal amount to keep on the road and spares are likely to remain available for the rest of my driving career. I'm improving its comfort with Defender seats, doors and heated windscreen - considered by some to be the same sort of sacrilege that I commit on Vincents. The Disco should last the same period if the electronics survive. I wonder if I should put a 200TDI auto setup into stock for powering the Disco when the TD5 computers kill it.

Robert Vincent (minivin) is also a LR enthusiast, I think he has a 101 forward control.

Oldhaven

VOC Member
I snow plowed my driveway for years with a my daily driver 66 IIA, and my later daily transportation was the IIA ambulance. (It let me park at the hospital in ambulance parking, because no one could figure out what it was). I think I have owned 9 including an '88 Range Rover, which was a great vehicle, but not repairable. As sad as it seems, my favorite vehicles had Lucas electrics, which were not totally reliable, but were totally understandable. The latest LR has a Cummins 4 in it. It has about 6 wires in the harness and only enough basic systems to run. Kind of why I like Vincents. We have a Prius now for running around town, and it is a wonderful vehicle, but no soul. By the way, my local vehicle excise tax on the Vincent is 5 dollars. Try to explain to the retired dairy farmer tax collector and his wife what a Vincent B Rapide is...

Ron

Albervin

VOC Member
There is a man not too far from me who, besides his 7 Vincents, owns approx. 30 Land Rovers. I say approx. because he thinks he has mislaid a few......

Goffy998

VOC Member
I was speaking to a couple of people in our bike club last knight who have between them 24 vintage tractors - why?

Status
Not open for further replies.