• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

Lack of Forum Today...

Graham Smith

Forum Website Webmaster
VOC Member
VOC Forum Website Administrator
Apologies for the lack of forum today.

A website error probably meant you will have seen just a blank screen for most of the day.

Hopefully things are now back to normal.

Regards

Graham

john998

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
Hello Graham,
I get this message
[h=1]Forbidden[/h] You don't have permission to access /showthread.php on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

When I try to look at page 2 of elephants trunk thread. Is it me?
Happy Christmas and thanks for all the hard work.
Regards John.

mercurycrest

VOC Member
I've got the same as John, but that started even before the entire Forum went away. The odd thing is, I could Google the Forum and everything was accessible that way.

Cheers, John

Graham Smith

Forum Website Webmaster
VOC Member
Am out at the moment, but will look into it when I get home.

My phone screen's too small to do anything!

Graham

TouringComet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Website Moderator
I too had the forbidden/showthread permission error, but only when I tried to go from one page of the elephant trunk thread to the next page. After I went back to the main page where it shows the unread threads, I simply re-clicked the icon that takes you to the first unread page, and I continued reading the thread where I left off, which was the top of the next page, the same page that had given the error. No other issues since.

Black Flash

VOC Member
it is good the forum is back ! I have cancelled our local rubbish newspaper and every morning when I enjoy my first cuppa I go through the pages of the vincent world.
I am really missing something without the forum.

Thank you very much for al your work Graham

timetraveller

VOC Member
Same here Graham. No access from my 'favourites' icon but could get too it via Google etc, All is now working as far as I can tell and like the others thanks for all the hard work you put in.

chstorm

Forum Website User
VOC Member
Hi Graham,

I cannot access page 2 of elephant's trunk either. Same message: "a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Carl, Oslo, Norway:confused:

Bazlerker

VOC Member
With the forums down I was forced to go for a walk, spend time with the missus...which led to a bit of a slap and a tickle.. Please take the forums off-line once every fortnight if possible..
Your appreciative and humble servant,R.A.D.Collings
Sole Inhabitant of the Easternmost Outpost of the Vancouver V.O.C Section
Sole Inhabitant of the Northermost Outpost of the Minnesota V.O.C Section, and token Canadian member of same.
Purveyor of Spirits to aimlessly wandering V.O.C members.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11yrs ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Photos from the 2022 North American Rally

Photos from the 2022 Annual Rally

Photos from the 2022 French Rally