Koni dampers

Tom Gaynor

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Probably Maxton Engineering, in Cheshire. Koni are now marketed as Ikon, but I don't know where they are, or if they offer servicing. But I'm pretty sure Maxton do.

stumpy lord

Non-VOC Member
HI,
try this number 01252 516797 based in Camberly , up to a few years ago they repaired Konis, and may still do so. The number is a good one although there is no one their to answer it on a saterday after noon.
norman.

Comet Rider

VOC Member
Update

Well, I've spoken to Maxton, and they wont help, as they didn't build the original damper.:(

I'm waiting to hear back from Ikon.....:confused:

Neil

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
Rebuilding Konis

Their policy might change later in the year when "the winter rush" of race bikes being prepared for next year dries up. However although I know that there are other people who will work on Koni shocks, and damping in general, I've never needed to find out exactly who and where they are because my Koni's DID come from Maxton.
(It might be work 'phoning Maxton again, and given that they won't refurb them, ask if they know anyone who will. I've found this approach works surprisingly often.)

Tom
Well, I've spoken to Maxton, and they wont help, as they didn't build the original damper.:(

I'm waiting to hear back from Ikon.....:confused:

Neil

Comet Rider

VOC Member
Another quick update,

I've just heard back from Ikon, and the manufacturing date (Oct '95) falls within the cut off for sapres availability:D, and Norman Hyde will be receiving a package in the next few days:rolleyes:

Thanks all

Neil

Comet Rider

VOC Member
The plot thickens, or is that sickens

Well good news and bad.

Firstly I had a long chat with Maxton, and the would be willing to build a new coil over damper unit, but not until June 2010.....:rolleyes:

Secondly I had a chat with Norman Hyde, and dads unit is FUBAR, as it seems the bushing has failed as well as the seals:mad:

So we're now waiting for Ikon to come back with a price on a new unit

Cheers
Neil

tonythecat

Non-VOC Member
Neil,

I had trouble with Koni last year, they were not helpful at all and denied that the damper ref. no. was one of theirs. So I changed to AVO, in fact I just ordered another one on Tuesday and it was delivered today cost inc carriage £80.50.

Tony