Kites

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I looked up the website and Vincent does not figure. It looks like a dust cover. I eventually went down the Oxford products route and purchased a cover with a soft inlay and water proof covering but essentially it had a elastic rim around the base so the cover hugged the bottom of the wheels/engine giving a nice seal so that if it rained for days i. e. May the chrome and other parts were well protected - so I am enjoying the leafy lanes of the Chilterns at the moment keeping to the 40mph limit!
Go to Ibstone common, Just off Jun' 5, M40 and watch the Red Kites, I loved it when I lived that way.

timetraveller

VOC Member
The red kites have spread Bill. I heard from Dick Sherwin the other day that he was watching both red kites and buzzards circling above him. I have a family of five buzzards somewhere near me and often they hunt over my area.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Yes, They have done well,
I have seen some HUGE ones when Riding out from Ruislip, Where I lived in West London.
Funny they say they are more over Houses in Stokenchurch now, Because people feed them !.
Down here in Dorset, We have had a few, But Toe Rags Shoot them !,
They don't know they only eat dead stuff or Worms !,
But I have a lot of Buzzards Over my place.

vibrac

VOC Member
I was born on the Chilterns I learnt to ride those roads later I rode tthere with Ron Kemp in the summer and every Sunday morning in the winter, 20 miles off road rain or shine ride with some real off season racers, we would end the ride at the Gate pub.
Now, pub gone, RUPS (Road used as public path) gone, blanket speed limits, My picture postcard village full of commuters. Glad I moved to flat North Bedfordshire my yard is full of kites and swallows and north of the A14 the lanes are empty.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Often wondered if I fell off, On some of the Twacky little roads round there ,
If the Red Kites would EAT me ?.

Attachments

• IMG_20210531_171944 (2).jpg
    IMG_20210531_171944 (2).jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 11